A great couple days on the 300

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know when to admit I need help. I have a great local mechanic I use when I am short on time or at wits end. In this case a little of both. He took care of my leaky transmission, mushy brakes, turn signal light not working and the big one leaky gasket between the fuel tank and the fill neck. He took car of everything on the list on Friday.

Today I manage drive about 60 miles on the 300, buff about 36 feet of stainless and install about 18. I came home and gave her a bath and just when I pulled her into the garage it started to rain (it was suppose to rain all day).

The icing on the cake, I went to the mail box and there waiting was the T-shirts I ordered from Dave.

What a great day :eek:s_dancing2:

300 June 29th.sm.jpgDave's c-bodyT.sm.jpg

300 June 29th.sm.jpg

Dave's c-bodyT.sm.jpg

Man that car looks great!

Thanks for sharing. The only way it would have been better is if you had the shirt on while riding in and working on the car.

Thanks for sharing. The only way it would have been better is if you had the shirt on while riding in and working on the car.

I can't get my new shirt dirty. I will take a picture later with me standing next to it.

Thanks guys, it is suppose to go to the upholstery on Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he gave me this date 2 weeks ago and I called him Wednesday and he still said he would be ready for it on Monday. My new goal is to finish a good portion of the trim tomorrow and then attach the rest of it next weekend at the upholstery shop on Sunday. It should basically be complete when I get it back from him in a couple of weeks.

The car really looks great.

How much needs to be done with the upholstery?

One of the very, very, few 'verts that I have to say I WANT IT!
Damn sexy and I don't even know why.

< Sent from my tablet >

One of the very, very, few 'verts that I have to say I WANT IT!
Damn sexy and I don't even know why.

< Sent from my tablet >

Yeah, who wouldnt be envious? What a great car

I have to agree with you guys....this car has everything going for it! Beautiful styling, great wheels, beautiful interior, terrific paint color, trim, chrome and emblems. Just a perfect package for a vert.

Agreed, I'm not sure how that car could look any better...

The car really looks great.

How much needs to be done with the upholstery?

The whole interior is getting redone, the front seats are shot and everything was faded bad. New carpet, seats, door panels, all the plastics and dash re-dyed and a new top. Everything will remain as in the original layout, stitching in the seats, etc. The only change I made was in the pattern for the vinyl for the seats. The color will remain the same, which is a natural looking light colored leather. I really liked the natural looking leather than the pattern it came from the factory.

Thanks again everyone. I love the classic look of this car too. I have been stopped by more people to ask about my 300 in the last 2 weeks than I have in 30 years driving my MGB. There is a place I like to go to lunch when I am working on my car. I can see the car from the window and an average of 3 cars stop to take a look. This is a side street with every little traffic. I have never seen someone stop to look at my MG.

The big surprise to me is my wife. She is not a car nut but she thinks my 300 is beautiful. She says she loves everything about if from the color, styling of the exterior and interior, but the big thing is she can pull her hair back in a ponytail and her hair doesn't get messed up with the top down.;)

The bit about watching the car from the window is too funny. There's a Tim Hortons down the road in the next town that my wife and I stop at with the old cars. I've got her trained to head for the table with the best view of the car LOL.

The bit about watching the car from the window is too funny. There's a Tim Hortons down the road in the next town that my wife and I stop at with the old cars. I've got her trained to head for the table with the best view of the car LOL.
Hell I do that with my truck at Tim Hortons, some people will bang the crap out of your doors if you don't yell at them.

Nick

Back