A new member of C-Body club

1. There is something about buffing out the good paint,
2. I am good at seeing the big picture.
3. I want to keep this car as original as possible and I love the factory color.

Man, you nailed it. You care more about the personal joy of owning the car (love the color, btw)
than going to the local Dairy Queen cruise night sitting in a lawn chair hoping for a $1 plastic trophy.
Congrats. You definitely see the big picture.

I remember these. Fabulous memories of the family trips down to Cape Cod in the 50's and stopping in what was then the Boonies to go to one of these:

ajuohc.jpg

My shop is at our family farm about a 20 minute drive from my house and I keep my trailers there. I drove out to pick up of the trailers. I made the mistake of stepping into the shop where my car is. Three hours later I leave after starting to buff out the car.

I definately have the bug. I love the color revealed under the dull finish. I couldn't even tell it was a metallic paint. It is now a shade lighter and really is a nice light gold color. I was amazed at all the road tar spots all over the car. I discovered it was obviously better to remove those spots before buffing. My buffing pad has never been so black. I took a picture of the hood when only half was buffed with rubbing compound.
Big difference.View attachment 5209

My Imp was the exact same! I had to wash the buffing bonnet about 3 or 4 times just in the paint cleaning process. I used the clay bar before I started with the machine and pulled some pretty large chunks of dirt out of paint.

My Imp was the exact same! I had to wash the buffing bonnet about 3 or 4 times just in the paint cleaning process. I used the clay bar before I started with the machine and pulled some pretty large chunks of dirt out of paint.

My Ny'er needs too much body repair and I have to replace the vinyl top. I'm just going to repaint the car. Cadet Blue Poly PB3. I like the light blue metallic paint. And I'm thinking about having the pinstripes painted. Is there some place to get the original or aftermarket pinstripes from?

I got to work in the shop all day today. It was raining here and I' m a paint contractor. I followed the directions I received here on the forum. I soaked the engine and removed the valve covers. Cleaned everything up it was about what I expected. I removed the spark plugs and everything looked normal. I downloaded some photos check out the signature on the valve cover. Does anyone know the significance?

rockers dirty sm.jpgrockers cleaned sm.jpgSigned cover sm.jpg

dirty aftermath.jpg

rockers cleaned sm.jpg

rockers dirty sm.jpg

Signed cover sm.jpg

I had to look this up. Today is the 2 year anniversary of bringing Goldie home. What a difference she has made in my life. I now consider myself a Mopar guy, and I have meant some great guys in the process, here at FCBO, and many more I want to meet.

You guys I haven't met I feel like I already know from the advice and friendly banter here on the site from the last 2 years.

Cheers to you all :eek:ccasion14:

Goldie at the brass duck.jpg

Goldie at the brass duck.jpg

I like your driveway. ;)

I wish I could say it was mine. It is a customer of mine. I have driven past the property for years and always wondered what the house looked like, because it sits on 32 acres and you can't see it from the road.

He bought it 2 years ago and I have talked to him about my 300, and he wanted to see it, so I snapped a picture on the way out, after a visit.

So you finally had enough gas Money scratched together after the resto to drive all the way up to the house. LOL.

Congrats on the anniversary.

Wow, car looks great. Can you post some engine, interior and some side shots of the car please. Very nice.

Back