A new member of C-Body club

This is the BEST way to find cars.....buried in a nice, dry protected garage space away from any outside elements. Nice find can't wait to see more.

Sounds like you're a fellow homebrewer. I will have to admit I don't have anything fermenting right now. My last brew was an IPA.

Yes sir. And I'm in the same boat. I'm new to it so over the last year I've let my pipeline go dry twice, newb mistakes.... Dry pipeline and 8 bottles left, not going to be a fun time for me. Been too busy with the car.

Moving day. I had a great guy towing my car to its new home.

Earl Mike & 300sm.jpgMoving day1sm.jpgMoving day2sm.jpgOn the Trucksm.jpgOn our waysm.jpgRolling to her new home sm.jpg

Earl Mike & 300sm.jpg

Moving day1sm.jpg

Moving day2sm.jpg

On our waysm.jpg

On the Trucksm.jpg

Rolling to her new home sm.jpg

Here are a few before and after shots. I worked on the chrome a bit. I haven't tried buffing out the paint yet. The paint is one that looks OK from 50 feet. I bet there are at least 4 or 5 different touch up paint colors and none of them match the original paint'66 Chrysler 300.jpg

300 trunk emblem sm.jpgFront before sm.jpg
Front after sm.jpgHer first wash in 30 years sm.jpg

'66 Chrysler 300.jpg

300 trunk emblem sm.jpg

Front after sm.jpg

Front before sm.jpg

Her first wash in 30 years sm.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Does it run?

The short answer no. I actually haven't even tried yet because it hasn't been run for 30 years. I'm going to hook a battery up to it tomorrow. I probably won't try to start it yet. I honestly don't know what my approach should be to prepare it for it's first attempt.

The short answer no. I actually haven't even tried yet because it hasn't been run for 30 years. I'm going to hook a battery up to it tomorrow. I probably won't try to start it yet. I honestly don't know what my approach should be to prepare it for it's first attempt.

Get a set of valve cover gaskets, new plugs and likely a carb kit.

Before you ever turn the engine over, remove the valve covers, rocker shafts and push rods, then spray your valve stems thoroughly with CRC, PB blaster or the like. Pour about 2 quarts of deisel mixed with a quart of transmission fluid down the carb and leave it for a week or so. I would rebuild the carb, file or replace your points, replace wheel cylinders, master cylinder etc. in the mean time.

When you have time to start it, pull out the spark plugs and spin the engine over until it spins freely. You may have to pour some trans fluid through it again during this process. Take a plastic dead blow or rubber hammer and bump all of the valves to be sure they are all moving freely. Replace the push rods, and rockers, spin it again with the starter being sure everything is returning freely, then put in your new spark plugs and valve covers and give it a go.

Also use a gallon jug fastened to the radiator support with a hose for a temporary fuel source to the fuel pump until you get your fuel tank cleaned out. I would put a little Marvel mystery oil or trans fluid in your gas also. (May also need a fuel pump)

Good luck, and nice car BTW.

Last edited:
Now you know all the neighbors next to where that car sat for thirty years are upset because they had no idea the car was there.

Get a set of valve cover gaskets, new plugs and likely a carb kit.

Before you ever turn the engine over, remove the valve covers, rocker shafts and push rods, then spray your valve stems thoroughly with CRC, PB blaster or the like. Pour about 2 quarts of deisel mixed with a quart of transmission fluid down the carb and leave it for a week or so. I would rebuild the carb, file or replace your points, replace wheel cylinders, master cylinder etc. in the mean time.

When you have time to start it, pull out the spark plugs and spin the engine over until it spins freely. You may have to pour some trans fluid through it again during this process. Take a plastic dead blow or rubber hammer and bump all of the valves to be sure they are all moving freely. Replace the push rods, and rockers, spin it again with the starter being sure everything is returning freely, then put in your new spark plugs and valve covers and give it a go.

Also use a gallon jug fastened to the radiator support with a hose for a temporary fuel source to the fuel pump until you get your fuel tank cleaned out. I would put a little Marvel mystery oil or trans fluid in your gas also. (May also need a fuel pump)

Good luck, and nice car BTW.

Thanks a bunch. I was going to post a separate question on a check list before I try to start the engine. This is great.:sSig_thanks:

This car hasn't ran in 30 years? I would also remove the plugs, give each cylinder a couple of squirts of mystery oil and try to rotate the crank manually first.

Now you know all the neighbors next to where that car sat for thirty years are upset because they had no idea the car was there.

I was the event yesterday morning in the neighborhood. Two guys had to leave when the tow truck came, they were blocking his way. It was funny the older gentlemen were saying your wife is going to be so glad to have a spot in the garage. The "younger" guys where clearly jealous of me once they saw the condition of the car and that beautiful front end, that literally no one had ever seen before, because his garage was clear full.

Thats exactly what I thought.....you never know what is around the corner behind that big door.

My shop is at our family farm about a 20 minute drive from my house and I keep my trailers there. I drove out to pick up of the trailers. I made the mistake of stepping into the shop where my car is. Three hours later I leave after starting to buff out the car.

I definately have the bug. I love the color revealed under the dull finish. I couldn't even tell it was a metallic paint. It is now a shade lighter and really is a nice light gold color. I was amazed at all the road tar spots all over the car. I discovered it was obviously better to remove those spots before buffing. My buffing pad has never been so black. I took a picture of the hood when only half was buffed with rubbing compound.
Big difference.Half the hood buffed out.jpg

Half the hood buffed out.jpg

That looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the the whole car buffed out.

Thanks guys, trust me the body has it's issues but there is something about buffing out the good paint, I am good at seeing the big picture. I want to keep this car as original as possible and I love the factory color.

Back