A new member of C-Body club

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a great garage find. My cousin's Father-in-law needed to empty his garage. The last 30 years his '66 Chrysler 300 convertable has been stationary in his 2 car garage.

I have my work cut out for me but it is a very solid and complete car. The body and frame are very sound. Everything is pretty much original on this 62,000 miles car. Now is just needs alot of TLC

The 383.jpg

Interior 66.jpg

Interior door.jpg

Front .jpg

Very cool car...Congrats!! And welcoem to the board...any questions just ask away. We all want to see that big Ol' vert back on the road.

Sweet..........Welcome to the site. Cool car, a little rough around the edges but its a great starting point

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great car, nice find, congrats. Let's see it out in the light of day.

WELCOME.....! Beautiful 300, I love the 66's. Keep us up to date and don't hesitate to ask for information or advise. Lots of both here, (especially the latter). LOL.

That is a fantastic find.
Welcome aboard and keep us up to date with the progress with it.
No detail is too insignificant around this place.:eek:s_dancing2:

Thanks for all the nice welcomes. Trust me I will have lots of question. Moving day will be Saturday. I will get it to my shop and get it cleaned up. The real work will start in November. I'm a paint contractor and this is the busiest time of the year.

I ordered my 1966 mechanics manual on CD and a battery. The wait to start is going to kill me. All I have been thinking about getting started.

With that screen name...do you brew your own beer by chance?

Nice car. Even better screen name. What's in primary?

Sounds like you're a fellow homebrewer. I will have to admit I don't have anything fermenting right now. My last brew was an IPA.

With that screen name...do you brew your own beer by chance?
Yes I do brew but not as much as I would like. Something tells me this new project isn't going to leave me much time to pursue much brewing in the near future.

Yes I do brew but not as much as I would like. Something tells me this new project isn't going to leave me much time to pursue much brewing in the near future.

Yep, our C-bodies and this Forum take up a lot of time. LOL!

Here are some more photos. The first shot is before it was unbaried. Garage find at Earl's.jpg

The trunk was very clean the original tire jack instructions still glued to the lid. trunk.jpg

The Front fender.jpgfront fenders are solid and no previous body work has been done.

Front fender.jpg

Garage find at Earl's.jpg

trunk.jpg

Back