Ac clutch help

New to Mopar

Reaction score
I have a 66 sport fury and I cannot find the correct clutch for it . The original measures 7 1/4 across

I assume you have the factory RV2 compressor? If so, as far as I know, the RV2 AC compressor clutches across all years should fit.

IF your compressor looks like this:

3 Hole compressor Four Seasons 57059, FSS-57059.jpg

...then you should have no problem. If it doesn't look like that, you need to identify the compressor before searching for parts for it. Most compressors were used on many different applications so it's best to search by compressor rather than vehicle.
A quick eBay search for RV2 Chrysler compressors turned up these:

NEW RV2 COMPRESSOR CLUTCH ASSEMBLY FOR 1964-1980 CHRYSLER,DODGE AND PLYMOUTH | eBay

A/C Compressor Clutch-Clutch Assy 4 Seasons 48833 Reman

A/C Compressor Clutch-Clutch Assy 4 Seasons 48833 Reman | eBay

Here's one for only $145

A/C Compressor Clutch-Clutch Assy 4 Seasons 48833 Reman | eBay

OK - so this leads me to the next question... was your car originally a factory AC car (in dash) or is there a hang below the dash AC box? If so then perhaps your car had dealer installed AC, which may involve a unique clutch pulley. I am not sure but this may be the case.

In dealer installed AC I believe they still used the RV2 Compressor but because they needed to retain most of the original non-AC pulley setup they maybe had to use a compressr clutch/pulley with a different offset.

Can you show a pic of the dash AND the actual engine and comoressir in your car?

OK - so this leads me to the next question... was your car originally a factory AC car (in dash) or is there a hang below the dash AC box? If so then perhaps your car had dealer installed AC, which may involve a unique clutch pulley. I am not sure but this may be the case.
It looks like a factory ac system in the dash. I'm not a hundred percent sure

OK, then I need to see a picture of your engine compartment clearly showing the compressor setup as it is now. A few different angles will help.

When you've ordered clutches, how are you ordering it? Describe your order to me as if I were the guy behind the counter taking your order. Perhaps they're screwing it up somehow based upon what they think you're saying as opposed to what you're actually asking for. It's happened before, and it's happening a lot more lately unfortunately.

Hi all. I've been having the same issue with a 1966 Polara. The A/C clutch installed is completely different then anything available in the market.

Back