Adopted Imperial

No updates unfortunately. He's in contact with Murray to get new bumpers but that's it for now.

The mills of the gods grind slowly and hopefully they grind exceedingly fine. In this sense, lawsuit pending.

Yes, it's "only" $180 a piece + national shipping. That's ok if it's your only option to get new bumpers. And if he wins the lawsuit, it doesn't matter anyway because the insurance company is paying it.

The insurance company estimated the damage to 10k but it's still not clear if the accident opponents insurance will pay for it.

Besides of that, the reason for Tillmann to go to the repair shop initially was, that the rear end was whineing and he wanted it to be checked. Another shop found out now that the problem was that another shop installed standard wheel bearings instead of the original tapered without changing anything else... That resulted in loose, vaporised wheel bearings... Thankfully without further damage to the axle shafts!

Oh, and the transmission is leakiong since the accident but the mechanic told him it's "just" a broken seal!?

another shop installed standard wheel bearings instead of the original tapered without changing anything else... That resulted in loose, vaporised wheel bearings... Thankfully without further damage to the axle shafts!

The infamous green wheel bearings.

The greens are for people too lazy to take the time to do the proper bearing adjustment which takes a few minutes. I have never used or installed greens. I have replaced them with the proper bearings in cars I've bought and found to have them.

Wow, too many idiots, not enough bullets. This shop owner is lucky he didn't end up with a similar dent on his head.

Back