Adopted Imperial

Son of a ***** does that suck! should we send the D-body possy over?:mob::mob:

I wouldn't of been able to keep myself under control!

He would be in the Krankenhaus!!!

If the guy isn't in the trunk, is he at least in jail? Damn shame. A good lawyer would take him to the cleaners, unless things are different over there. Throwing a crowbar at the owner should be jail time at a minimum - attempted murder? Real nut case.

If the guy isn't in the trunk, is he at least in jail? Damn shame. A good lawyer would take him to the cleaners, unless things are different over there. Throwing a crowbar at the owner should be jail time at a minimum - attempted murder? Real nut case.
I'm sure the laws are different and that this behavior isn't tolerated well. With the legal aspect, you always seem to need an expert/lawyer... if it wasn't reported properly when it happened it may be too late. Except of course for whatever the insurance claim will do... I hope it all works out for the owner of the car to have his dream repaired... and if a package arrives from Europe with a body part in it, I will dutifully bury it in the back yard and never mention this again.

It's getting more and more strange... The police in the netherlands told him, they couldn't do anything because noone was hurt...

And the other thing is, he never got a classic car assessment for the car, means the insurance company doesn't know how much the car was worth before the accident. Which makes things much more complicated again.

It's getting more and more strange... The police in the netherlands told him, they couldn't do anything because noone was hurt...

And the other thing is, he never got a classic car assessment for the car, means the insurance company doesn't know how much the car was worth before the accident. Which makes things much more complicated again.
Boy I am sorry to hear that... maybe the wonderful pictures you have taken will be able to help with the insurance claim. I assume he would like it to be repaired as well as it can be, but I understand if he is under-insured this will be mostly out of pocket and maybe something the courts can help him try to reclaim.

Vodka, what are your body work skills like? You may be getting the car back for repair.

The police in the netherlands told him, they couldn't do anything because noone was hurt...

Not surprising. Cops here probably would have done the same. It's one person's word against another and chances are it will end up being a civil matter anyway.

But... Here's the lesson learned... Don't block someone's driveway. Pretty simple.... No, the shop owner should not have reacted that way, but why antagonize him by being irresponsible?

It's too bad this happened, but the owner of the Imperial shouldn't have tempted fate by doing what he did. It's fixable and no one got hurt at least. Time to lick his wounds and learn from the experience.

But... Here's the lesson learned... Don't block someone's driveway. Pretty simple.... No, the shop owner should not have reacted that way, but why antagonize him by being irresponsible?

I am with you in that case, BUT we have no idea how the parking situation was around the shop. The Imps owner (Tillmann) wanted to have his rear axle checked by the shop owner plus he was at site. It would have been easy to ask Tillmann to move his car so the truck could have get through. There is no excuse for a behavior like this in my opinion. And if I understand correctly, the truck driver is also the shop owner...

There's no excuse for a criminal reaction like this for a blocked driveway. He must have been having a really bad day up to that point and/or he was off his meds.

Lemme get this straight.
The Imp was at the business to get repaired?
And an employee of the business deliberately hit the car because it was blocking the driveway?
And the owner of the business threw a crowbar at the Imp's owner for blocking his employee?

No soup for you!

I am with you in that case, BUT we have no idea how the parking situation was around the shop. The Imps owner (Tillmann) wanted to have his rear axle checked by the shop owner plus he was at site. It would have been easy to ask Tillmann to move his car so the truck could have get through. There is no excuse for a behavior like this in my opinion. And if I understand correctly, the truck driver is also the shop owner...
That's a completely different story then. I was figuring he parked in front of some random store. You are 100% right that we have no idea what the parking situation was.

I don't excuse the shop owners behavior at all under any conditions, even if Tillmann was in the wrong, and it's even more puzzling why he would do that to a customer.

One thing I will pass on though... and I learned this from 20+ years parking on customer's sites for work and people parking in front of our own docks... The words "Is it OK to leave my car there?" goes a long way.

Lemme get this straight.
The Imp was at the business to get repaired?
And an employee of the business deliberately hit the car because it was blocking the driveway?
And the owner of the business threw a crowbar at the Imp's owner for blocking his employee?

No, it was like this:

The Imp was at the business to get repaired!
And the owner of the business deliberately hit the car because it was blocking the driveway!
And the owner of the business threw a crowbar at the Imp's owner for blocking him!

One thing I will pass on though... and I learned this from 20+ years parking on customer's sites for work and people parking in front of our own docks... The words "Is it OK to leave my car there?" goes a long way.

I second that!

Georg is right. The Ownder of the shop cruched the Imp and threw the crowbar because Tillmann was parking (not blocking) in the driveway of his shop to get the diff overhauled.

It was tight in the driveway, but the guy with the truck drove backwards around the imp in the driveway and as soon as he passed it, he threw in a forward gear and smashed the Imp. After that he threw the crowbar at Tillmann and accused him everything was his fault.

So for me, this sucker wasn't right in any way. He should have been happy to have a new customer waiting in front of his shop...

In all honesty, I would have used all the truck's tires for target practice. That would have just about equalled things out overall.

Back