Aftermarket Mirror Possibilities??

Reaction score
Hello,

I am sure that this item has been discussed before. My 1969 Fury droptop has a failed (ball is actually broken somehow before I bought it) left hand mirror, and no right hand mirror. This car is a nice driver that I bought in February, and am putzing with it, and in the meantime enjoying it very much (3000 miles since May). This car will not be a concours restoration, nor a trailer queen.

Understanding the difficulty of finding outside mirrors for this particular car, has anybody ever found an aftermarket mirror set that SOMEWHAT closely matches the originals? Remote control is not necessary.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hello,

I am sure that this item has been discussed before. My 1969 Fury droptop has a failed (ball is actually broken somehow before I bought it) left hand mirror, and no right hand mirror. This car is a nice driver that I bought in February, and am putzing with it, and in the meantime enjoying it very much (3000 miles since May). This car will not be a concours restoration, nor a trailer queen.
Has anybody ever found an aftermarket mirror set that SOMEWHAT closely matches the originals? Remote control is not necessary.

Thanks,
Just post a wanted thread and get a replacement just like what you have.

I believe the mirror you want has #2935805 cast into the base. Been looking for one for friend, who has exact same car, with exact same problem! They're out there. Saw a bunch at Carlisle (of course I bought the wrong one), but then none at all at the Nats. Good luck in your search . . .

Murray Park has 3 mirrors listed on his on-line store for 1969/1970 Plymouth Fury.
2 remote mirrors $150 and $200 and 1 manual nos in box for $175.

Just post a wanted thread and get a replacement just like what you have.
AFAICT, @customsportsman is looking for suggestions re: an aftermarket solution -- not seeking an OEM part for sale.

FWIW, I had the same issue of a fusie 'vert needing a mirror (in my case, a previous owner had installed a clearly incorrect aftermarket RHS mirror and I wanted it gone). Unfortunately for @customsportsman I found zero acceptable aftermarket solution —and it took me some time (and money) to find the right NOS part for Regina, my 1970 FQ3 Polara ‘vert (Edit: see details of what I found and installation in this post by @71Polara383 ).

Last edited:
K source used to be "the" company for aftermarket mirrors. Advance, AutoZone sold their products for years. Try their website. Be cautious though, their bolt holes will almost certainly not line up with yours.

Back