Aluminum Cylinder Heads

Dave/Stan, and others....

This is looking more like the direction I will probably end up going. It'll be a a sustainable engine when done. I will be able to run on pump gas and drive anywhere with it. The best part is that it will bolt back together with ease.
Having a hard time choosing between the LIKE, AGREE, and THANK YOU icons so I'll go with...
:thumbsup:

WINCE.GIF

Headers?

Did I mention that it is still a 5,000 lb Formal?

All of my performance cars that I had in the 70's had headers. What a pain in the *** when you use the car as a daily driver! Collector gaskets continuously burning out, manifold gaskets burning out, header bolts always coming loose, burning up plug wires. But the worst part especially driving on the street and there is no way to avoid it....sooner or later you are going to bottom out the headers! Flattened headers are worthless!

What is the gain from headers on a street engine?

Minimal......at best.

:mob:And the war between headers vs cast iron manifolds begins.
Nope. No war here. There will not be headers in Combat Bob's Formal stroker. He has spoken. END OF ISSUE. Wise choice, Bob.
So.... It's now a moot point. We will move onto the next component to get into a fight over :p

That's easy, everybody knows it's...........wait is this a trick question?
I use non synthetic 10w30 and whatever brand happens to be on sale at the time. The only important thing is to run a zinc additive with it. The zinc will help reduce cylinder scuffing which might be an issue in a sroker motor with shorter piston skirts and it will greatly reduce cam wear.

Back