American classic and vintage auto

stain

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with America's classic and vintage auto in Sedalia Missouri?
They have a car there I am interested in. Unfortunately, I am 20 hours away.
I need to get more pictures but am wondering what kind of reputation they may have.

I like the 1953 Windsor, the 1963 880, and the 1968 300.
OTOH I've never liked the dealers who put Sold under the car pictures. Seems pushy, like get it now before it's sold too.
Have you called Floyd? You can tell a lot about people just by talking with them.
Other than that, there's no substitute for seeing the car in person and examining it for an hour or two.
Best of luck, Ben

I sent an email with no reply. It might have landed in his junk mail. I am planning to call Tuesday.
I like the 300 also. I want a 68 black 300.
The sale of my 64 Newport went rather quickly this weekend and I have been on the hunt ever since.
Being 20 hours away is making it hard. I was hoping someone was in the area or new of someone who had known about this place.
If I make a purchase, do I fly out and drive back? Ship it? Drive out and trailer/ drive back?
I have NEVER bought a car sight unseen; it makes me leery

I sent an email with no reply. It might have landed in his junk mail. I am planning to call Tuesday.
I like the 300 also. I want a 68 black 300.
The sale of my 64 Newport went rather quickly this weekend and I have been on the hunt ever since.
Being 20 hours away is making it hard. I was hoping someone was in the area or new of someone who had known about this place.
If I make a purchase, do I fly out and drive back? Ship it? Drive out and trailer/ drive back?
I have NEVER bought a car sight unseen; it makes me leery
Hi Stain,
For $20000 plus, I'd have to fly in and lay eyes on it. You might be able to get a local appraiser to look at it first, or meet you and give you a second set of eyes.

20 hours in an unknown car is a big gamble. I'd ship the car and fly home.

If Floyd sounds at all dicey or sketchy on the phone, I'd look elsewhere. Ben

Spoke with Floyd today. Car is sold. Seemed like a decent enough guy. I did not detect any shadiness.

it had been sold to some one else.
He said his website was maintained by a hired source and they had yet to update it.
It sounded like a really nice car

Back