General Discussion

1. T-revorNobody

T-revorNobody Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. 1978 NYB

1978 NYB Warfighter FCBO Gold Member

Wow! What an idea!!!!

I'll trade my Redeye in and get a bunch of mail trucks!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BigblueC

BigblueC Senior Member

A year or two ago I found and read a well put together and cited article about the actual emissions of EVs. That article showed that EVs fueled by coal-fired power plants are producing the same CO2 amount as a gas burning vehicle that gets ~26 mpg. Let's assume that is true. So is Porsche just going to double charge for a gallon of gas with their logo? :rolleyes:

4. BigblueC

BigblueC Senior Member

You may get your wish sooner than you think. But I'd suggest holding onto your Redeye.

Once again our governmental central planners are doing the only thing they know how to do, destroy. I think this ties in with the opinion piece I posted on the first page.

Hellcat V-8 to bow out in favor of EV muscle, says Dodge CEO

The days of the tarmac-scorching 6.2-liter Hemi engine are numbered. We’ve got that straight from the mouth of the Dodge CEO, Tim Kuniskis, who’s heralding EVs as the savior of Mopar performance. Hang with us here.

A lack of consumer demand isn’t the root cause of the Hellcat mill’s imminent extinction.
    Federal regulation will ultimately kill the Hemi, says Kuniskis. “The days of an iron-block, supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 are numbered. They’re absolutely numbered because of all the compliance costs.”....
    and soon the brand must work to convince its customers to accept EV power. Do you think EV muscle cars could work?

Hellcat V-8 to bow out in favor of EV muscle, says Dodge CEO | Hagerty Media

5. 70bigblockdodge

70bigblockdodge Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

@1978 NYB I think the ones I saw were Mopar brand rotors. They had cheaper ones, but even my cheap ass would think twice about that this early on

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1