An Interesting Development in Controlling Pain

She has one, the doc say's not to use it though. She hasn't in a while, but may get back on that horse. Just recently the pain has gotten really bad because something has moved again. Her problem is in the thoracic area of the spine.

Just curious, is that from an injury, as it seems kind of rare to have an issue up in that area? It seems most of the issues in the spine are in the lumbar or lower part where the stresses are highest.

Is that the upper spine?
Yes it is, from your neck to lower back.

Just curious, is that from an injury, as it seems kind of rare to have an issue up in that area? It seems most of the issues in the spine are in the lumbar or lower part where the stresses are highest.
The doc thinks from lifting or moving something while working. She had a kidney stone when she injured her back. Stone left, pain stayed and got worse. She does have multilevel degenerative disc disease.

Yes it is, from your neck to lower back.

The doc thinks from lifting or moving something while working. She had a kidney stone when she injured her back. Stone left, pain stayed and got worse. She does have multilevel degenerative disc disease.
Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like your wife has at least 1 of the same issues as me. I have MDD too, complicated with an underlying C6-7 hernia from guess what? Moving tires. Got in a hurry one day, tried to grab 2 at a time and POP! Along with the typical lumbar issue(s), I can tell you inversion is probably really the only thing keeping me going these days. I do it aggressively, twice a week with 40lbs on a chin strap for added effect. After going through various physical therapies and drugs It's turned out to be the only thing that gives any real relief.

Everybody's spine is fighting a losing battle with gravity. It's just a question of how long it takes to get there.

I’ve been staying away from commenting on my back issues which are common to most of the comments of other members here
I will only add that I have been diagnosed with a drying, osteoporosis , spinal stenosis and suffered 2 compression fractures in recent years

It’s pretty dihabililating most days but I am very thankful for the pain meds and respites from this from time to time for a few days in a row

Back