Another Fusie 2 dr. 3 speed - '70 Sport Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I can always count on my friend Paul-SUPERCAR-Amato to come up with these beauties. He sniffs out oddballs like no one else. Thanks, Paul.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/58671.html

70ply58671-1.jpg

Too much money and to far away for me, though...

70ply58671-1.jpg

Screenshot - 8_31_2012 , 8_34_07 AM.jpg

Last edited:
That is an unsual combination. Probably really low production numbers of that combination.

Is that a hole in the right front fender towards the top?

Your tough throw a stroked 360 in there and you'll never think big block again.

A barge needs torque which comes via a long stroke and cubic inches. The SB's suck when it comes to that. I will hand it to you that you can rev the pizz out of them, though.

BTW, is the fender extension with hole in it plastic or steel?

Last edited:
The hole is in the pot metal end cap onthe front fender. No metal or plastic.

Very rare car...would love to see it in person. Montana is not far from me...10 hour drive.

I had a 70 Sport Fury that had a pot metal fender extension and a 70 Fury III That was fiberglass. I have a pair of 70 Polara feders (Dave's LOL) that also have fiberglass extensions.

Last edited:
No, the fenders are metal and the extensions are fiberglass, for the polara.

Metal extension on a 70 Fury? The grille on a sport is metal opposed to the plastics on the regular based numbered furys.

No, the fenders are metal and the extensions are fiberglass, for the polara.

Metal extension on a 70 Fury? The grille on a sport is metal opposed to the plastics on the regular based numbered furys.
I edited the above post. I left out the key words "fiberglass extensions" My bad. Actually the Fury III has a metal grille and headlight bezels also.

Yeah, your right about the 70's I suppose. I was speaking from my experience with 69's

Interesting car. I wonder what the original owner was thinking to specify 3 on the tree? This one requires some work though. I think I'd pass, as much as I like the '70 Sport Fury generally.

Have you ever thought bout buying it and driving it back to Florida? I don't recall you guys ever discussing such an adventure... :yes_no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back