Another new guy here.

Polara_500

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just found this place today and figured I'd hang around for a while.
Mike

Polara 001.jpg

:sSig_welcometoourcl.........is that photo truly 7 years old? Newer photos please.....without the snow.

Yep, that photo is that old. I bought the car in May of ummm, wellllll, uhhhh, I think it was 19 and 78. Pore ol girl had 175K miles on it then, she's sittin with right about 425K right now although they're piling up a lot slower the last few years. Current pictures don't look so pretty as the paint is getting pretty shabby now, I painted it in June of 91. Sheesh, that's a long time ago too. Anyway, it had to spend some time under a car cover - one of those heavy technalon ones that really hold a lot of dust/dirt and when the wind blows fairly stiff it makes one really big sander. So the sides shine nice yet but the horizontals are near paintless........

Polara-lake.jpg

That looks better without all that white stuff....

Nice car:icon_thumright:

Nice ride and welcome :tiphat: What are your plans for the car? With that kind of mileage I'm sure you have some pretty good war stories we'd all like to hear.

Well, the plans are to drive it til the wheels fall off, glue em back on and drive it some more. Seriously it's time for another paint job and the interior needs freshening up, this motor's got 125K on it so it's time to rebuild that too..... Got a fresh transmission sitting in the shop so that's ready when the engine is. But for now, just make it a little better to drive and go. I've got other projects in various stages already so nothing major on this one for now, I've been messing with trying to redo the windows and gaskets all winter and that's not done yet but then it's not quit snowing yet either. After I get another one ready so I have a classic to drive then I can think about redoing this beast. I've changed it so much since I bought it it's not funny, but it's pretty much as I like it now. I added the A/C, swapped the interior for a Monaco interior, converted it to a 4 speed, was probably one of the first to do a 72 disk brake swap (was in 89 or 90 and had never heard of it before - just thought it looked possible, measured a few things and made it happen), and a few other minor issues here and there.
Mike

Back