Another orphan found our driveway...

Shouldn't you be packing?

I’ve been waiting on ya’ll to show up, and help.... Fridge has beer, and pizza is on standby. lol

Place is getting naked. Garage is going to be the last big hurdle. Not looking forward to it! But will start on it tomorrow...

DA731777-092F-4195-BBEB-BA145ECBA751.jpeg

Believe the old tugboat is ready for work. 7 way plug installed, and working. Trailer brake control is installed and working as well. Just in time too. Got one more week till moving.

Also got the new radio to match the instrument lighting the best I can. Not too shabby. Need to get some bew light sockets for the cluster still...

Here's what I used. It's a 4 wire hookup. Power, ground,Input from brake light switch, power out to brakes.

Trailer Brake Control - Proportional

View attachment 165056

I did end up going with the p3. Seems nice. One thing I didn’t anticipate, was there is no power button. Says it goes to sleep after 15mins of no use. Im a little uncomfortable leaving it that way though, so will keep it unplugged for now. Want to re wire the power wire into and ignition on wire vs. just straight power as the instructions indicated.

Do you have any problems with yours, and power? Does it go to sleep? Or did you plug yours into an ignition on wire?

4BF82696-E1E9-464E-A876-90502CA1E9FD.jpeg
7810C3D8-490C-4A63-AD54-277C97F842D5.jpeg
0F1D0C7A-61BA-4ACC-8035-138C31EEC2EC.jpeg
8B94E8BA-6A5B-45F8-8795-045ABBC14606.jpeg

Do you have any problems with yours, and power? Does it go to sleep? Or did you plug yours into an ignition on wire?

On both vehicles it was installed, I had a harness to the go to the existing wiring, so I assume switched. But when not in use, I'm sure the display was dark.

The old work horse did pretty good moving us, and didn’t skip a beat. We did find a couple weak links. The main one being the 40yr old wiring, and a trailer. Trailer lights kept blowing the fuse.

I had to replace the brake light switch before we started, and decided to give rockauto a try again. Ofcoarse that switch failed half way through, which in turn gave us no trailer brakes as well.... Just another reminder why I quit buying from them...

I got 2 new brake light switches locally, and they seem much better built (one for a spare). Got em swapped out tonight. Also installed some new fuses. Afterwards took the old gal out for a drive. She sounds soo damn good! lol Had to shoot a lil vid.

Hot damn!! This thing finally has working wipers. When first removing the cowl a long while back, discovered most all the bushings for the wiper linkages were shot, and somebody thought some chicken wire wrapped around the rods would suffice.... Nice!

Picked up, and installed some new bushings during paint, and body work. Everything was working good (or so I thought). I hadn’t tested the system with the arms on. After paint and assembly, first time hitting the wipers they moved an inch and died. Was too afraid to mess up the paint to open it back up, and mess with till this week.

One of the bushings on the main rod had came undone. Slipped it back on, and now found the motor too weak to move the wipers. Finally found a new motor, and got it installed.

Excuse the paper towel. The wiper insert is coming apart, and don’t wanna scratch the windshield. Also found the cause for wet carpet after a rain. Found some pin holes on top of the firewall. I sealed em up with some silicone for now. Will address it more appropriately in the future.

Still on the hunt for some tag lights for the rear bumper. They’ve proven to be a pain to find. Need the housings and all if anyone has a set sitting around for a step bumper?

Somebody is finally coming out to play after sitting all summer in the back of the shop.

Really gotta Hand it to the little harbor freight dollies. They handled the big ogre just fine. Takes a little persuasion to get the wheels turned, but she came right out.

She fired right up on the first rotation, and was ready to go. Got a couple electrical gremlins to sort out. The sound system doesn’t want to work. A first gen with electrical problems... go figure!

I’ll get her fueled up and ready to go. She will take over daily use while the ‘96 is in the shop.

1FDEC4EC-D8A7-40D4-981B-B0345BA611C7.jpeg
2C941BA4-5B11-43C0-A07D-8F1B6949EE86.jpeg
9FAE2246-299D-4C9B-8AD5-69942B6AA8CD.jpeg

Somebody is finally coming out to play after sitting all summer in the back of the shop.

Really gotta Hand it to the little harbor freight dollies. They handled the big ogre just fine. Takes a little persuasion to get the wheels turned, but she came right out.

She fired right up on the first rotation, and was ready to go. Got a couple electrical gremlins to sort out. The sound system doesn’t want to work. A first gen with electrical problems... go figure!

I’ll get her fueled up and ready to go. She will take over daily use while the ‘96 is in the shop.

View attachment 324182 View attachment 324183 View attachment 324184

So what are you driving to Ocala?

I had to find something too, I used these on my A100, you may have to hog the hole to make it work. I did! I though you had gotten another train? Always leave it to NAPA! Good Luck
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_...+-+Universal&keywordInput=licence+plate+light

I didn’t think the plate lights would be as big a pain to find as they are. Seems like all of em got destroyed in some way or another. I’ll look into these. All the aftermarket “one size fits all” is way to big.

No trains for a minute. The dodge tranny gods have quite smiling on me. Looks like the ‘96 finally ate its tranny. My buddy is messing with it, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a pricey repair!

So what are you driving to Ocala?

Not sure yet.... would like to get the car out, but she needs a brake job up front.

Try finding license lens's for a A-100, good luck with that! Here's what they look like, I thought I had better pics. You get the jist of it? Good Luck!
132.JPG
648.JPG

Back