Another orphan found our driveway...

monaco75

Reaction score
The bug finally bit the o'le lady. She bought her first real mopar!

She kinda surprised me! Shes been wanting an old truck for a while now. We went over to a friends to B.S. who has a little shade tree car lot, with cheap cars. When pulling in, we saw this old beast sitting alone in the back.

Shes a 1978 d300, extended cab, dually, with a 440, and around 130,000 miles. She started right up, and runs good. As soon as sabrina (my girlfriend) sat behind the wheel, her face lit up! lol

When leaving she immediately started talking about buying it. I thought she was just day dreaming. But sure enough there I was today making the deal lol.

Truck needs some love. Shes from south carolina. And has been sitting for a very long time. Lots of little mickey mouse stuff was done in the past to keep her going then.

She should be coming home later this week. Gotta swap out the wheels and tires with a set my friend has. Need to go through everything, and get her ready for the road again.

Think its pretty cool! We're gonna have a driveway full of big blocks with the Newport coming down, in a couple weeks. lol if only the cordoba stayed, it would be one more.

Never had a 1 ton before. Should have no problems driving cross country for project cars now lmao.

20161002_141110.jpg

20161002_141123.jpg

What a cool find!! But I will never show this post to my wife!!!!!!
Very neat truck.

An old extended cab dually. lmao. Your g/f is one cool gal.
Bringing it to Garlits ?

Very sad to say... Won't be making the Garlits show this year. Work has been super busy, and we will be outa town that weekend up north doing a job.

It sucks! The one show I do a year, and can't make it.

Ive been a huge believer in Make Hay While The Sun Shines.
Monday morning you could be out of a job.
Always, always make it while you can.

Love those old D cabs! Unchanged for 23 years if memory serves. Sold lots of the 89-93 versions of that design. 2WD rode like a Cadillac - 4X4 not so much. Needed a kidney belt for long hauling. Great find MRS Zac!

The bug finally bit the o'le lady. She bought her first real mopar!

She kinda surprised me! Shes been wanting an old truck for a while now. We went over to a friends to B.S. who has a little shade tree car lot, with cheap cars. When pulling in, we saw this old beast sitting alone in the back.

Shes a 1978 d300, extended cab, dually, with a 440, and around 130,000 miles. She started right up, and runs good. As soon as sabrina (my girlfriend) sat behind the wheel, her face lit up! lol

When leaving she immediately started talking about buying it. I thought she was just day dreaming. But sure enough there I was today making the deal lol.

Truck needs some love. Shes from south carolina. And has been sitting for a very long time. Lots of little mickey mouse stuff was done in the past to keep her going then.

She should be coming home later this week. Gotta swap out the wheels and tires with a set my friend has. Need to go through everything, and get her ready for the road again.

Think its pretty cool! We're gonna have a driveway full of big blocks with the Newport coming down, in a couple weeks. lol if only the cordoba stayed, it would be one more.

Never had a 1 ton before. Should have no problems driving cross country for project cars now lmao.

WOW! A dually with a 440! Very neat.

Congrads!! So cool!
I drove many miles in my 78 club cab with an overhead camper. Hope you got the dual tank package!:steering:

Very good deal. How do you find the time?

No life on my end. Go to work. Come home, work on cars. Its a never ending cycle. Keeps me outa trouble for the most part I guess...

Congrads!! So cool!
I drove many miles in my 78 club cab with an overhead camper. Hope you got the dual tank package!:steering:

Oh yes! Dual tanks are there. Atleast one is good. Prolly have to drop, and clean em both.. I can only imagine the gas this thing is gonna drink!

We were talking about replacing the bumpers, and getting rid of the honkin *** 70's hitch thats on the bumper. She said she didn't want a hitch.

Bull ****! We gonna put this thing to work lol.

Yea that hitch is actually cool in it's own rite.
Gotta be able to haul a car trailer....that's just crazy talk.

Yea thats next on the list. A trailer. Need one badly..

Now that we have a capable truck, its in reality a lot more. My 3rd gen half ton would be fine for local stuff. But it doesn't like pulling heavy loads across mountains and such.

Honestly, your half ton probably has as much oomph as the older 440, the extra weight, better brakes, and 2 extra rear tires will be huge for stability.

And I would venture to guess, later on, the 440 on the truck will receive some upgrades.

I love it....! I've been looking for something like that for awile, although a 440 with a 4:10 gear, (likely), is a little overkill for me.
Sorry we won't see you at Garlits, you'll be missed. We'll have a round of waters for ya.

Back