Any Colt fans

image.jpeg
Bobby Yowell dragging the chutes in Billy Steep's Hemi Colt. Notice the chutes are not yet deployed in the other lane

image.jpeg
This is or was the Billy the Kid Hemi Colt owned by Bill Steep. He's the story as I got it. Bobby Yowell was hired to drive the Hemi Colt for The Rod Shop team. He crashed it in qualifying. So Gil Kirk the owner of The Rod Shop Team rented the Steep car. In a hurry to get the car ready they forgot to set the wheelie bars after unloading it from the trailer. So the car did a Hugh wheel Stand as a result & came down crosses up as Yowell was not expecting this. He smacked the wall hard making 2 Hemi Colts he crashed in the same race. Leaving both teams scratching their heads wondering if they should build another one since the cars where so hard to drive

Just looked at the thread, I never read it because I thought you were talking about football. I don't remember ever seeing a Colt. I have seen a couple of Arrows though. I wondered about the size of the car compared to a Vega but seeing the pic of one racing grumpy gives me a really good idea. I had a Vega and a Monza. The Colt looks smaller though kind of the size of a Chevette.

Back