Any Colt fans

That's what I was looking for. Good job!
Thanks , just remember this was backyard fab at it's best , just throw in at the wall and see if it sticks , was not prefect but it worked . I have a tape of the Colt at the track , a friend is trying to get it loaded on a dvd if that happens I will try and post it .. Thanks

image.jpeg
Mr Norm's (Grand Spualding Dodge) destroked Hemi Colt

Here is a picture of my dads colt he build in the 80s. A guy built the chassis with him and then put the body on it. It has a 383, push button 727, 8.75 with 4.56 and dual calipers on rear with home made brackets and late 70s Chrysler caliper set up.

image.jpeg

I am all for big motor small car but that short wheelbase is spooky, that's requires steel testicles. 30 years ago I would have jumped in with both feet today not so much.

LoL. Yes me too. I'll take mine with a 340. That way you can still drive it on the trailer after the race

There is something alluring about making a pass in a car like that and pulling in the pit and not being able to jump right out because of shaking and "needing a moment" lol

Thats for sure. They're still some racing today in sportsman classes. The chassis are better & the have a big flat trunk mounted spoiler

image.jpeg
Here is a great photo taken by Dan Williams. That's Rapid Ronnie Lyles looking through the the windshield of his Sox & Martin built Hemi Colt.

image.jpeg
Interesting photo. This is Stuart Pomroys Hemi Colt. On the window it says Seymore Guntz & on the door it's Nelson des Champs. Stuart liked using aliases instead of his real name. Not sure why.

Back