Any crossover folks who follow F*rd Panthers?

You have to know there was a proposal somewhere within FoMoCo to tweak these if they hadn't fallen victim to millenial group-think. What would you give to see those stillborn plans?

This guy does a fun and entertaining job of talking about the Panther platform and why it was the last big US sedan to survive. He also talks about Ford’s failed attempt to sell it to millennials before killing it in 2011.

Last edited:
I know through Panther osmosis, (my Ford engineer friend is also a Panther lover) that the worst part of the GMQ/Marauder was the inefficient trans...

So true. It was also the main problem with my LH ‘04 Chrysler 300. The 3.5L was a good motor but that slush box was never as good as the TorqueFlite IMHO, let alone the six speeds out there now.

I had the opportunity to use the sevice of our local taxi company which uses retired cop CVs. Talking with the driver I asked how many miles were on the car. 425k and the engine hadn't been touched. The rear end developed a howl but a lube change fixed it for a while. He saud he would retire it at 450k but was considering rebuilding the diff since replacing the car was getting difficult.

People routinely ignore the Ford diff until it starts making noise. I’ve driven several used Panthers that were in good shape but had a howl or grinding noise in the back.

It’s not that hard or expensive to change the oil. Lazy farts!

People routinely ignore the Ford diff until it starts making noise. I’ve driven several used Panthers that were in good shape but had a howl or grinding noise in the back.

It’s not that hard or expensive to change the oil. Lazy farts!
Were the owners adequately advised of the need?

Well, I keep thinking about a modified Panther for some reason.

Can't get pictures like this out of my head....

98_crownvictoriagtconceptcomplete.jpg

Back