Any idea what these came off of? Road Wheels

MAGNUM77

Reaction score
I picked these up this morning. Any idea what they came off of? I plan on redoing them and getting what I need to make these complete. Thanks

4E83D14E-13A7-4D52-9114-D91CC6A5C48D.jpeg

9E51D7B7-3A31-4B90-860D-3AA26ACDE32E.jpeg

E58B27AA-615D-4AFF-B280-F6D52098478C.jpeg

661BFEC9-1A0E-451B-868B-83E959CD2618.jpeg

Those centers look like the ones used on AMC wheels, which is what I used for my Diplomat wagon. These MAY have been used on other Mopars, though. We took a set of somewhat corroded ones, and painted them to match the car. Made for a nice look - good luck with them.

DiplomatHillwood.jpg

Forgot to mention, if you need better trim rings, and have trouble locating matching road wheel rings, Vintique has trim rings that MAY work, and are easier to source.

Looks like a mix of different wheels.

At least two appear to 100% painted silver, and the other chrome.

The silver ones are either from a 1970 Fury or 1979 Diplomat.

The chrome ones could be off just about anything, but it really doesn't matter.

The majority of the chrome 15x6's came off of Cordoba's, since they sold so many of those cars compared to the other body styles.

Jeff

Someone at Carlisle was selling some odd road wheels.

The faces were 100% chrome plated. Two of the four were 14", the other two 15", and the bolt pattern looked bigger than 4-1/2", probably the GM 4-3/4".

They must have been ones that Motor Wheel marketed directly to the general public.

I should have snapped a photo of them but did not.

Jeff

The two tall domes look 100% Chrysler to me.
The wheel without chrome looks dirty with chrome under the dirt. (I'm hoping)

When I was trying to keep the center caps on my '70 Monaco W23s from rattling, I liked that the GM pickup rally wheels had bolt-on caps, but those screws on the outside didn't look too reflined.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

When I was trying to keep the center caps on my '70 Monaco W23s from rattling, I liked that the GM pickup rally wheels had bolt-on caps, but those screws on the outside didn't look too reflined.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I suspect they did that so that the trucks could be shipped with bare wheels. Then you wouldn't have to remove the wheels to install the centers when they were prepped. The exposed hardware isn't as off-putting on a truck as it would be on a car.

Jeff

Back