Any tips for replacing my Stromberg WWC w a Holley 4412-S

Gerald Morris

Reaction score
Greetings All!

The gaskets on my Stromberg WWC 2-262 are beginning to seriously leak, and while Mathilda still pulls 16-18 in. Hg for vacuum, she has become a bit more temperamental on cold mornings. To wit: the issue of to rebuild or replace arises. Since I have but ONE usable carburetor at present, and can ill afford much down time for a rebuild, I'm strongly biased toward replacing the old Stromberg 2-262 w the Holley 4412-S, new from them. I hope to eventually go to a dual exhaust to give better back pressure for the 500 CFM the 4412 can inhale, but for now, just having a new tight carburetor is my main goal.

I saw on Holley's website that little things like an adapter for the Chrysler throttle cable are available. With a 2V intake, I figure no more than a new carb gasket should suffice for bolting the Holley on, and the kickdown is still hooked into the original throttle cable attachment. Is the 4412-S then a bolt-on and start replacement, or are there other little bits of pricey metal and rubber I need? I have a manual choke cable hooked to the Stromberg already, which helps on the cold mornings now.....

Rebuild your Stromberg. The kit is about $25 and you should be able to do the whole job in a couple of hours. This is a very simple old carb to rebuild. Converting to the Holley will take a lot of adapting and tinkering and possibly a re-jet as well, not a quick process. Order the kit and a new float as well. Most of the time if they leak it will be a defective needle and seat, a bad float or a bad gasket on the fuel inlet fitting.

Dave

Last edited:
Rebuild your Stromberg. The kit is about $25 and you should be able to do the whole job in a couple of hours. This is a very simple old carb to rebuild. Converting to the Holley will take a lot of adapting and tinkering and possibly a re-jet as well, not a quick process. Order the kit and a new float as well. Most of the time if they leak it will be a defective needle and seat, a bad float or a bad gasket on the fuel inlet fitting.

Dave
Thanks Dave! THAT is GOOD, CO$T EFFECTIVE thinking! I like it. So will the wife.

Back