Anybody remember this wood treatment?

I've seen those wagons before....just didn't notice the wood grain pattern with the brown background.

Then there is this custom version I saw in Phoenix a couple of years ago. I liked this one

DSCN2573.jpgDSCN2585.jpg

DSCN2573.jpg

DSCN2585.jpg

The yellow car looks right...at least, as right as it can get with that pattern on it. Nice car.

I think this treatment is the best compromise if you're restoring one of these. It's the best way to achieve a close to factory look since nobody is making replacement woodgrain and it breaks up the car visually...win, win in my book.

The interesting thing about this Monaco is the dual tank modification they apparently did...well executed. The second fuel fill door looks like it grew there.

In "The Man with the Golden Gun", he drove (stole) an AMC Hornet.

Last edited by a moderator:
YEAH........ I guess it was the movie where he was in Hazzard County, by way of Fantasy Island, " de-plane, de-plane!" Glad I've got more Pabst Blue Ribbon in the fridge. I think I may have seen officers Reed and Malloy in one of the squads as well.

OH! and a BIG THANK-YOU TO BIG JOHN FOR HELPING TO SHOW EVERYONE I'M NOT QUITE AS CRAZY (or bombed) AS SOME MAY HAVE THOUGHT !

Back