Anybody that's looking for a Formal that doesn't buy this is nuts!! 76 Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
It would take forever to list why this is the ideal Formal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Ot...ed301492c&item=201108572460&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_57.JPG

THIS IS IKE A NEW OLD CAR TO LOOK AT AND TO DRIVE. IT HAS HAD ONE FLORIDA OWNER SINCE NEW, AND ONLY PUT 66,000 MILES ON IT, BACKED UP BY PAPERWORK, PLUS ONE LOOK AT IT AND YOU'LL KNOW. IT WAS ALWAYS KEPT INDOORS, AND IT SHOWS. THE PAINT IS ORIGINAL AND STILL SHINES GREAT, THE CLOTH INTERIOR IS NERLY PERFECT, NEVER SMOKED IN, NO CRACKS IN ANY PLASTIC, OR HEADLINER. CHROME AND STAINLESS IS ALL GREAT. IT HAS THE OLD TIMEY SMALL LIGHT BLUE FLORIDA TITLE, ALL THE BOOKS AND RECEIPTS SINCE NEW . I REPLACED THE A/C CONDENSOR, DRYER, AND EXPANSION VALVE, USED R134 FREON, AND IT WILL FREEZE YOU OUT. IT HAS A NEW FUEL TANK, CARB, AND PUMP SO THE FUEL SYSTEM IS FINE. I PUT NEW TIRES ON IT AS THEY WERE GETTING CRACKED FROM HEAT AND AGE. IT'S HAD A NEW BATTERY AND TUNEUP TOO. THE TRUNK LOOKS BRAND NEW WITH THE PLAID MAT, JACK AND WRENCH LIKE NEW. UNDER HOOD IS VERY GOOD, A BIT OF PAINT FLAKING FROM THE AIR CLEANER AND VALVE COVERS, BY I DIDN'T SPRAYCAN THEM, IT'S STILL COMPLETEY ORIGINAL. IT'S NEVER BEEN MESSED WITH OR MOLESTED IN ANY WAY, LIKE THE FM RADIO OR WHEEL COVERS. CALL IT A GARAGE FIND, OR SURVIVOR OR WHATEVER, BUT THIS IS A RARE FIND IN THIS CONDITION, ESPECIALLY AT THIS LOW PRICE. YOU CAN TAKE IT TO CAR SHOWS, CRUISE NIGHTS, OR JUST DRIVE IT CROSS COUNTRY. IT'S NOT REAL HARD ON GAS EITHER. THE PAINT IS ORIGINAL, THE CHROME AND STAINLESS IS ALL GREAT. I'LL BE HAPPY TO PICK YOU UP AT TAMPA AIRPORT IF YOU DRIVE IT HOME, OR HELP YOU WITH SHIPPING ANY WAY I CAN. EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE, OR CALL 813-610-1344, AND CHECK MY FEEDBACK AS A "SELLER" AND BID WITH CONFIDENCE. I REALLY DOUBT THERE'S A BETTER GRAN FURY IN THE COUNTRY. THANKS, BILLY

He is speaking to us!

He is speaking to us!

More like yelling at us with a wall of text! I just cannot understand sellers that think the best way to attract a potential buyer is with a giant ALL CAPS run-on paragraph. :angryfire:

Not that it isn't a nice original.

The Grammar sucks the big one. Yes. I can get pass it in this rare case.

But you don't love? Why?

Very nice! A shame it's not black, though. These, and the Royal Monaco Brougham, are incredibly beautiful in black. I like this one.

Not bad. Not bad at all. If I were to buy a formal car this would be it. I would prefer some highbacks but still Nice.

I did acknowledge that it is a nice original. I can appreciate a well-kept, nice clean formal.

But they're not my thing. Maybe it's my age. I was born in 71 and as I came of age most fusies and earlier were off the road a while already; formals were still around and seemed like old news at as cars like the Fox body Mustangs the 3rd gen Celicas were the first cars I remember noticing as a kid and lusting for.

Nice car, but just plain and boring looking. If I were to own a formal, it would be a black or silver two door New Yorker. This thing looks more like an under cover cop car to me.....meh.

It appears and sounds like it's in great condition so if this is your bag it sounds like a very nice one

After owning Formals you wise up to the fact that less is more. This one is ideal. Ask any Formal owner....
Plus I'll repeat once more "IF you're looking for Formal...."

I am sorry I dont have much to add to this thread other than to jump on the pile with those who find this particular GF exceptional.

While totally respecting peoples' preferences may differ for any specific car, objectively looking at this one it is one of the best examples left of its kind --for reasons too numerous to list as was pointed out by commando1 from the outset.. that I have ever seen.

I base my opinion an "incidental expertise" in the '75-'77 GF's (because of the cop car thing I was doing) as "no crap" I must have put "hands and eyeballs" on at least 40 of 'em ("civi" cars like this one) over the past 15 years. Its so, so rare to find them in this original (apparent) shape after almost 4 decades.

There surely may be "better" (lower mileage, more factory goodies, etc.,) GF's of this design vintage out there, but its highly likely its not gonna be that many. Hope it finds a good home.

Time capsule and typical example of what was on the street back in the day. I can drool over such examples.

The Grammar sucks the big one. Yes. I can get pass it in this rare case.

But you don't love? Why?

It's very important. It's the difference between Helping your uncle Jack off a horse and Helping your Uncle jack off a horse.

What don't I like about it? Don't like that I can't read the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back