Anyone else have minor hesitation/jerking at part throttle??

The vacuum advance is hooked up to the ported vacuum supply line on the carburetor. I have the 2 barrel Carter BBD.
Is there a vacuum line routing "map" in the FSM anywhere? I couldn't seem to find one.

The older stuff was simple enough to be obvious. I admit, for the 1970s stuff, with all the gew-gaws supposed to "improve-performance" there got to be quite a lot of vacuum rubber. Google it!

The older stuff was simple enough to be obvious. I admit, for the 1970s stuff, with all the gew-gaws supposed to "improve-performance" there got to be quite a lot of vacuum rubber. Google it!
I agree, trying to put it exactly as stock was reason for asking. I stay away from anything Oogle, already did a quick search elsewhere:)

I agree, trying to put it exactly as stock was reason for asking. I stay away from anything Oogle, already did a quick search elsewhere:)

Right on about Foogle nowadaze, since that "Pichai" character took the CEO seat. They dropped any objective search engine function in favor of pure-dee Calcutta steering and pimping.

What I did was eliminate all the vacuum connections except the vac advance off the carburetor, and one tiny hose from the manifold for the heater. Things worked better as soon as I eliminated the brake booster, which made a HUGE vacuum leak!

I eliminated using vacuum on the 1966 heater by disconnecting the vacuum plunger to the heater internal vent. I just would reach down and turn the thing to what I wanted the heater to do. A trifle primitive, but it closed one more vac leak, even if it was a factory designed one.....

Right on about Foogle nowadaze, since that "Pichai" character took the CEO seat. They dropped any objective search engine function in favor of pure-dee Calcutta steering and pimping.

What I did was eliminate all the vacuum connections except the vac advance off the carburetor, and one tiny hose from the manifold for the heater. Things worked better as soon as I eliminated the brake booster, which made a HUGE vacuum leak!

I eliminated using vacuum on the 1966 heater by disconnecting the vacuum plunger to the heater internal vent. I just would reach down and turn the thing to what I wanted the heater to do. A trifle primitive, but it closed one more vac leak, even if it was a factory designed one.....
I have things hooked up properly just not sure if it looks stock. We pulled the 67 California smog device off (went between manifold vacuum and the vacuum advance).

I have things hooked up properly just not sure if it looks stock. We pulled the 67 California smog device off (went between manifold vacuum and the vacuum advance).

Did the same to my '68 right away. Ironically enough, I got that motor running SUPER clean, only to find the block was cracked.

Back