Anyone going to the MOPARS @ Rockingham NC Show this weekend?

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone going or ever been? How is the swap meet? Since I am not going to Carlisle and this show is about 2 hours away I am thinking of going for at least one day.

Just a thought....surprising that anyone within 1000 miles of Carlisle would schedule a Mopar meet this coming weekend. Yaknow? I could see if it was way west, like Nebraska maybe.

Just a thought....surprising that anyone within 1000 miles of Carlisle would schedule a Mopar meet this coming weekend. Yaknow? I could see if it was way west, like Nebraska maybe.

It is when they had an opening in their schedule. It is a rescheduled date from earlier in the year and being a drag track they are doing what they can to reschedule multiple events that had been cancelled because of COVID 19 and restrictions in place in North Carolina.

Ahhh.....okay. Still bad timing, but it's likely that locals like yourself will attend. A big April event in my area immediately chose to move to October, which I thought was great (cooler!). And then they canceled THAT! :mob: :mad: :wtf: :BangHead:

Last edited:
I won’t be going
For several reasons
1 it’s about a 3 hour drive for me
2 although I haven’t been in years the last few times I did go the vendors started packing up at noon ????
Bazzar to say the least. Make one lap through the swap meet to see what’s available & don’t take any time to talk with anyone or run the risk the guy that has something you wanted to think about has packed up & left before you can get back. That’s not how swap meets work. You stay all day. All damn day. People file in all day.
3 poorly run races. Wrong cars called to the staging lanes. Thinking why are they calling my class so soon just to be turned around & told to head back to your pit (happened to me twice) Rockingham the only pit road on the planet with two way traffic. Car is hot & needs to be cooled off again. Sometimes they forget a class for hours while other classes run twice. Terrible bathrooms. And I mean terrible. Yes it’s true they normally hold this event in the spring but had to move it & I’m pretty sure they don’t give a rats behind about other events.
One of the last times I went a veteran seasoned IHRA track announcer kept calling AMX cars to lane 5. I need my AMX cars to lane 5. He meant AFX the altered wheelbase Cars as it was an nostalgia race. I was there running my Plymouth & after 4 or 5 times calling the AMX cars to lane 5 & none showing up they called the AFX cars to lane 5. UNBELIEVABLE ! I doubt there was two AMC cars on the property in all classes let alone AMX cars. Ok rant over but no I won’t be going. It’s gonna be miserably hot anyway.

I won’t be going
For several reasons
1 it’s about a 3 hour drive for me
2 although I haven’t been in years the last few times I did go the vendors started packing up at noon ????
Bazzar to say the least. Make one lap through the swap meet to see what’s available & don’t take any time to talk with anyone or run the risk the guy that has something you wanted to think about has packed up & left before you can get back. That’s not how swap meets work. You stay all day. All damn day. People file in all day.
3 poorly run races. Wrong cars called to the staging lanes. Thinking why are they calling my class so soon just to be turned around & told to head back to your pit (happened to me twice) Rockingham the only pit road on the planet with two way traffic. Car is hot & needs to be cooled off again. Sometimes they forget a class for hours while other classes run twice. Terrible bathrooms. And I mean terrible. Yes it’s true they normally hold this event in the spring but had to move it & I’m pretty sure they don’t give a rats behind about other events.
One of the last times I went a veteran seasoned IHRA track announcer kept calling AMX cars to lane 5. I need my AMX cars to lane 5. He meant AFX the altered wheelbase Cars as it was an nostalgia race. I was there running my Plymouth & after 4 or 5 times calling the AMX cars to lane 5 & none showing up they called the AFX cars to lane 5. UNBELIEVABLE ! I doubt there was two AMC cars on the property in all classes let alone AMX cars. Ok rant over but no I won’t be going. It’s gonna be miserably hot anyway.

Thanks. Now I know that it is not an event that I will kick myself for skipping.

Back