anyone here have a 69 or 70 fury convertible?

1970cat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
on the back side of the rear seat there are screws. two across the center brace and two from the brace down along the side frame on each side. anyone know what they are for ? i am in the process of recovering my seats and found some type of fabric under some of them. the old covers were so bad that i can't tell what was there. was there a panel there or carpet?

I'm not sure. On my 70 Polara ragtop the back of the seat has a one piece plastic housing screwed onto it. When I got the car it was in pieces and I had to put back together with adhesive and fiberglass.

thanks guys, yes it has a vinyl well liner, but the screw are in the center brace of the seat (about a foot below the top of the seat). looks too low to be for the well liner. wouldn't the liner go under the aluminum trim on the back of the seat where the boot clips on?

just looked in the manual and the well liner is glued to the brace that the top of the seat hooks on to

on the back side of the rear seat there are screws. two across the center brace and two from the brace down along the side frame on each side. anyone know what they are for ? i am in the process of recovering my seats and found some type of fabric under some of them. the old covers were so bad that i can't tell what was there. was there a panel there or carpet?

Maybe this will help. http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...-seat-cover-69-chrysler-300-convertible/page2

The small hole in the middle of the green horizontal bar is to fit the cardboard trunk divider with 3 (or 4) clips.

Back seat Back cover 1969 Chrysler 300 - small.jpg

Last edited:
aha! now i see what you mean. does the top of that tuck under the aluminum rail? not much left of it in the picture. any luck finding one of these,or the trunk panels for that matter?

found a poor picture of a complete one. anyone know if the round section in the middle is separate?
$(KGrHqF,!k0FCkIoviz9BQ6)1Q3Ylg~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!k0FCkIoviz9BQ6)1Q3Ylg~~60_12.jpg

aha! now i see what you mean. does the top of that tuck under the aluminum rail?not much left of it in the picture. any luck finding one of these,or the trunk panels for that matter?

Yes, tucks under the top of that! All covers seem to be dead! Maybe somebody can make a reproduction. I still got the original trunk covers and the trunk well liner that's fixed with snaps where the top is mounted to (just under the back window), and tucks under the green horizontal bar on the picture.

Do you have the trunk divider and/or well liner for the protection of the top window when its down?

Last edited:
i haven't bought a well liner yet. have some more welding to do in that area. didn't know there was a divider panel until you mentioned it. it would be nice if someone would make repros (maybe the person doing bucket seat backs?). the trick would be finding a complete one to use as a pattern.

Back