Are these the road wheels that some get excited about???

Built in ? Please explain.... how would you replace a tire. The wheel resembles the road wheel but it wouldn't mimic it?

My initial idea was to take the 15” wheel, which I have, laser-scan it with the trim ring on, and zoom the scanned image slightly to get a 17” Road Wheel, enabling the use of modern high quality radials. It never occurred to me that the trim ring goes on top of the tire so far that it would prevent mounting the tire from the other side.

I suppose if the section of the wheel were asymmetric, it would still be possible to mount the tire from the ”back side”. Obviously I will have to take a closer look at this.

Any 17" trim rings available?

But let's be honest, the 17" wheel is to go with a lower profile tire for handling aspects, correct? I'm not opposed to the idea, I'd like to see it pulled off really. Keep us posted.
Keep in mind, after 2 grand I'm out on wheels.
Aren't 17 " tires on their way out?

I don’t know about the availability of trim rings in 17” size. But then, they are pretty simple, so I suppose any well equipped sheet metal shop would be able to reproduce a set to a design, and when you consider the price level those one-off wheels go, it wouldn’t even be a stretch.

And yes, 17” for road-holding characteristics. That size would be a good compromize. C-body need fat tires to look good. It needs 29” high tires. 18” wheel would be too big in my opinion, it would make the car look pimped up, which I will try to avoid by all means.

upload_2020-3-6_8-5-4.jpeg

:lol::lol:

Yeah its old....but its the first one I ran across and you guys know your stuff about these wheels! I'm going to look at a set of these wheels today and I'm a newb to C bodies so thought I'd try to get an idea of what I should offer for them.
Kidding aside, if complete with trim rings and centers range is 200.00 to 400.00 depesnding on condition

Just throwing this out there, I don't have road wheels or have a need so I haven't been paying much attention but aren't there distinct differences between C-Body centers, even by year? Asking so @69DartMatt83 isn't disappointed in their purchase later.

Yes there are. There are 2 Chrysler styles I believe. One in the early fuselage days, and another one used on NYBs and formal cars. I’ll try and find a comparison picture unless someone has one.

Back