For Sale Auction HUGE COLLECTOR CAR & ANTIQUE TRACTOR COLLECTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to put your head around how much stuff is really there... Wow. I suppose that is to settle the estate of the fella who hoarded it all.

19IMG_1500.jpg

I want that bad.
Perfect for maneuvering around all the golf carts here.

So often a collection evolves and exists and no one knows it is there. The money involved is amazing. Many times you'd think the guy was broke

A lot of real cool stuff there, but unfortunately my pockets are way too shallow for an event like that. I've seen those old auto related signs sell for big bucks around here where everyone is broke. I cannot imagine what they will go for at an auction that is going to draw people from across the world.

This with a belly mower would make mowing the lawn fun... and mine would take about 2 minutes with it... want it badly.
24DSC_0006.jpg

The Oliver of course... maybe I could get a belt driven edger too?

This with a belly mower would make mowing the lawn fun... and mine would take about 2 minutes with it... want it badly.
24DSC_0006.jpg

The Oliver of course... maybe I could get a belt driven edger too?
Ever go to the Flywheelers show in Avon Park? It is amazing.

Pretty weird how the 1969 Swinger that Car Craft gave away back in the day would surface there. That is an interesting car. I'd love to see more pics of that one.

Dave

Pretty weird how the 1969 Swinger that Car Craft gave away back in the day would surface there. That is an interesting car. I'd love to see more pics of that one.

Dave
I remember reading about that car when they were building it.

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for posting that up John. I was too young to remember them building it but I still remember reading about it after the fact. Pretty cool machine, looks to be in great shape. It would be a great car to see let alone own! Always interesting to see what surfaces from time to time.

Dave

Thanks for posting that up John. I was too young to remember them building it but I still remember reading about it after the fact. Pretty cool machine, looks to be in great shape. It would be a great car to see let alone own! Always interesting to see what surfaces from time to time.

Dave

A little more. This is kind of interesting. I wonder if it still has the mis-matched wheels.

From Hot Rod Magazine's site.
Car Craft 340 Dart Swinger
Car Craft teamed with Dodge and numerous advertisers in 1969 to prepare this nifty Dart Swinger 340 giveaway. For maximum exposure, mismatched wheels were used. The rears are Cragar S/S composite 14×6 die-cast aluminum and steel—small-bolt-pattern Mopar Cragars were never offered with a 15-inch hoop diameter. The Cragar name is a mash-up of Depression-era investor Crane Gartz’ first and last names. Up front, what initially appear to be American Torq-Thrusts are actually Cragar Swinger wheels. New for 1969, the Swinger, also marketed as the S/X, was Cragar’s first one-piece, all-aluminum five-spoke. Visually, the Swinger emulated the Torq-Thrust’s one-piece cast appearance but with subtle differences. First, the center cap lacks mounting ears. Cragar devised internal mounts using five screws to secure the caps from the inside of the rim, making removal impossible with the wheel on the car. A round plate with a single machine screw to keep them in place retained Cragar S/S centers. The Swinger wheel is not to be confused with the Cragar G/T, which was an unpolished five-spoke that emulated the no-nonsense look of magnesium racing wheels—at one fifth the price. Introduced in 1967, the G/T used an unpolished steel hoop with a die-cast aluminum five-spoke center spider that differed from the S/S in that it extended all the way to the edge of the rim hoop.

CC Swinger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back