SOLD Availability of 1969 Fury (4-door) windows + interior + brightwork (South Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cudak888

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello all,

A-body owner here looking at a restored '69 Fury. Only problem: It's a shell with a dashboard. No interior, no windows, no grill or front bumper.

That said, I wanted to see if anyone so happened to be parting out a donor car (glass and exterior bits in particular) in the South Florida area. The amount of parts necessary to complete the car render it a completely unfeasible venture without a local go-to vehicle; shipping would be a nightmare (particularly for the glass).

Would anyone have something of the sort in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area?

Many thanks!

-Kurt

I had no idea an opening post could be deleted....

Edit: It has now reappeared.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
this one?
00d0d_5frENjnHJda_600x450.jpg

looks like a good solid car. your best bet is to find a parts car. you'll spend a small fortune buying things one piece at a time.

Hello all,

A-body owner here looking at a restored '69 Fury. Only problem: It's a shell with a dashboard. No interior, no windows, no grill or front bumper.

That said, I wanted to see if anyone so happened to be parting out a donor car (glass and exterior bits in particular) in the South Florida area. The amount of parts necessary to complete the car render it a completely unfeasible venture without a local go-to vehicle; shipping would be a nightmare (particularly for the glass).

Would anyone have something of the sort in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area?

Many thanks!

-Kurt

Hardtop or Sedan?

I have a full set of Hardtop door windows that I do not need.

Alan

:BangHead:..........

Should have done the intro thread, right? Me :sSig_noob: to the C-body forum; sorry!

this one?

looks like a good solid car. your best bet is to find a parts car. you'll spend a small fortune buying things one piece at a time.

Bingo. And parts car is what I was figuring if anything. Haven't seen it in person yet though, and - all things considered - the bodywork may be lousy, cowl rotted, etc...

1969 Plymouth Fury III - $2500 (Vernon, FL)

HERE YOU GO !!!!!!!!!!!!! it has all that you need .......... :eek:s_dancing2:

Interesting. Would still have to work around the pillarless side glass, but that would be the least of my problems.

Shame to part that one out though - doesn't look that bad. I'd fix the rear window rot first before tearing the rest of the car to pieces. Might be more labor intensive, but it might be cheaper in the long run - not to mention that it'd prevent having two 20-foot disasters in the driveway.

Hardtop or Sedan?

I have a full set of Hardtop door windows that I do not need.

Alan

Hardtop/pillared. Good to know. Will keep you in the loop.

-Kurt

Welcome aboard. Will be following this thread with interest. I'd be scouting some old wrecking yards in the area.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

what did I miss???

With that said and done,
Welcome cudak.
Show us some pics of what you have.

Thank you! Here are photos of the Valiant (the only Mopar I have in the fleet at the moment). ~21,850 on the clock:

jq6r1x.jpg

29y4406.jpg

I have to snap a more recent shot under the hood, but this is what it looked like when I got it:

2lxihz9.jpg

-Kurt

That is a nice clean looking car.

looks too clean to be a new york car :)

Love the fender mat.
Thank you!

Thanks, gentlemen. I'm honestly not that sure of the car's origins. It came to me through a fellow who had acquired it via his son. At least 700 miles prior to this, it was for sale through Ted Vernon's South Beach Classics shop - a miracle in itself, given the load of Bondo magnets there - chances are that he bought it at auction.

The '73-86 NY license plate is my own addition; one of the many plates I have in my collection. It seemed to suit the car's personality well.

Happy to say that the fender mat hasn't been needed as much recently; this is the engine bay at present (with a 1973+ drum/drum master cylinder):

2jg6po4.jpg

I love it, but I was raised on large cars ('78 Lincoln Continental Mark V, '79 Lincoln Continental Town Car), and would like to add one back into the fleet; hence my questions about the local '69 Fury III. Honestly, I'm open to C-bodies, '68-70 B-body 4-doors, or '65-78-era Ford Custom/Galaxie/LTD wagons. The question is which one will get to me first - in decent shape.

-Kurt

Yep. Honestly, I never thought that I'd find anything originating from his shop that would be well-kept and well-priced enough to wind up in my driveway, but the Valiant proved there is always an exception to everything.

-Kurt

P.S.: Sorry for the late reply; post notifications are winding up in my spambox (even though they're more or less the same as the A-body forum emails).

Hey are you still looking for windows, trim, and exterior body parts? I have a 1969 4 door fury III with the majority of the exterior body parts intact, all the original trim, and most of the vintage green tinted glass, as well a a 904 automatic transmission, and an 8 3/4" rear axle that I'm looking to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back