Barn/shed/ garage find thread

When I worked for jack Roush in Lavonia all kinds of cool thing would come out of the woodwork. One day a fellow came in the shop and told me he knew of a Fairlane Thunderbolt in a garage in Inkster (Michigan). I went to look and sure enough, there was a complete T-bolt. The engine was a 428 but there was also a 63 Galaxie post car in the garage and in it was the original engine from the T-bolt. I got several pictures but don't have them in a file here. I'll try to find them and scan them to my computer.
The car had been rode hard and put away wet, but was complete. I passed on it. but.....? Maybe should have made an offer.

My latest cool find is my 67 Polara 500 convertible. It found it's way here to the forum and everyone had a shot at it. I stepped up to the plate and am glad I did. It has graduated into a very nice car. Best original I've had.
It's well documented here, in the slabside thread.

img_20190304_093200857-jpg.jpg

DSC05507.JPG

I met a guy on ebodies.org that was from a neighboring town, Westcliffe about 40 miles from me. We became friends. He hooked me up with some really cool opportunities and wanted nothing. I tried to repay him but he wouldn't accept as he did it because we were friends.
He died two years ago unexpectedly of a heart attack. His wife was going to loose the property they had worked on for 15 years. Me being a residential general carpenter took it upon myself to help and to repay and unspoken debt that Steve would not accept. 40K worth of labor. In the end Steve's wife gave me his cuda.
Me and Steve had planned on coming to Carlisle and retrieving his Cuda that was in his boyhood barn since 1987. Since it was now mine I went and pulled it from a true 180 year old barn in Ithaca, Ny as a homage to my good friend. It took close to 70 very hard yanks with a chain to get the tires to break free. Walked on a dead dog for a day, got pinned in a room by a skunk, almost bitten by a possum, chased by a racoon, pooped on by bats and really harassed by turkey vultures. Hell of an adventure.
It was in terrible shape and I didn't really want to drag it back to Colorado over 3000.00 worth of parts. So I put it in Carlisle vendor spot Row G ,53 I think.
Sold it for 1500 bucks. Packed with parts that I removed from the barn.
All in all, Steve got me to go to Carlisle. I will be going again this year and again in the future. Even though I sold his car I really gained the experience that he wanted me to go to. And I met a bunch of really cool guys from my club.
And I received my first ebody build sheet from the cuda. Collecting ebodies for 15 plus years and this was my first build sheet.
Thanks to my good friend Steve Devinport. Rest in peace brother.
Sorry for the long story, I cut it as short as I possibly could.

20190710_201940_HDR.jpg

20190711_100112.jpg

20190711_151621_HDR.jpg

20190712_121629_HDR.jpg

Found my 70 300 ragtop , in a apartment complex garage. Came from Texas , sat in there for 20 years. The hood and other 300 H stuff was added early in its life .
DSC03861.JPG

[QUOTE="cuda hunter,
It took close to 70 very hard yanks with a chain to get the tires to break free. Walked on a dead dog for a day, got pinned in a room by a skunk, almost bitten by a possum, chased by a racoon, pooped on by bats and really harassed by turkey vultures. Hell of an adventure.

I can feel it man..... Amazing what we will go through just for a chance to unearth a long dormit vehicle. I'm ready for the next one.
I don't know if I thanked you for posting the CL ad for the 61 Fury in Texas. I bought the car, had the seller strip, crate and ship everything we could salvage.

[QUOTE="cuda hunter,
It took close to 70 very hard yanks with a chain to get the tires to break free. Walked on a dead dog for a day, got pinned in a room by a skunk, almost bitten by a possum, chased by a racoon, pooped on by bats and really harassed by turkey vultures. Hell of an adventure.

I can feel it man..... Amazing what we will go through just for a chance to unearth a long dormit vehicle. I'm ready for the next one.
I don't know if I thanked you for posting the CL ad for the 61 Fury in Texas. I bought the car, had the seller strip, crate and ship everything we could salvage.

You are a madman outta control!

My Polara was saved from 30 years in the field, I feel for the other cars, 20-30 big block b-bodies and then another dozen plus in buildings in better shape AND a low mile survivor 68 Hemi GTX (very nice car) that hasn't moved in 12+ years.
2010-05-08_042.jpg

Alan

Too many cars,too many stories!! Not enough room here and respectfully not hijack this thread!! LOL!!
1966 300 revival 049.JPG

340Demon 010.JPG

DSC01850.JPG

cell phone june 2019 101.jpg

Back