Barracudas lost in CA fires

73Coupe

Reaction score
Last edited:
No matter where you live, there are forces capable of destroying everything you have. In 2003, I lost eight vehicles and a tractor to a tornado. Not a damn thing I could have done about it. The only reason I was able to keep my Coronet is that is was in a buddy's shop. Sorry to say this, but shi# happens. Things are just that - things. They can be replaced.

I don't give a ratzazz about vehicles when my family and pets are concerned. I don't GAF even if it's a 100,000.00 dollar vehicle.
Good gawd, HowTF were you raised where cars are a concern???

I don't give a ratzazz about vehicles when my family and pets are concerned. I don't GAF even if it's a 100,000.00 dollar vehicle.

Malibu.
Two houses.
One is a Malibu Lake house.
Malibu.
GoFundMe.
Malibu.
Ever seen what houses go for in Malibu?
Malibu.
GoFundMe.

Where's my man Fitzy? I need to send some GFY stickers to this campaign.

That's why the first one was redacted. I've calmed down since then.

I hear you but not all people that live in Malibu have money although this may not be the case here. My wife and I have a friend who was living at her mom's place in Malibu with her 10 year old daughter post divorce from her deadbeat husband. Her and her daughter lost everything except for a change of clothes and some photos. Our friend personally doesn't have a lot of money so we set up a fund for them to help get them day to day essentials we all take for grated until they are gone: clothes, toiletries, etc. It is a time of uncertainty and turmoil for them and we all wanted to help out to try and alleviate some of the pressure with financial support.

The above mentioned house is in Malibou lake, which is in Agoura Hills, not Malibu.

The family will do ok financially, but they are still going through a loss and it's tough time for them right now. The go fund me is geared towards helping others (neighbors, friends) that lost everything in the fire, and it's mainly close friends that are contributing. Like rexus31 mentioned, not everybody in the area is wealthy, in fact, most are "normal" working people.

Yes, sh*t happens, but when it happens to you, you'd hope people would have at least some better things to say besides "GFY".

Last edited:
Tornadoes happen in the Southern Plains
Hurricanes happen along the Gulf and East Coasts.
Blizzards happen over 75% of the Lower 48.
Volcanoes erupt in HI, AK and the West Coast.
Wildfires happen nearly everywhere.

Landslides, floods, ice storms, straight-line winds, even sinkholes...no one is immune from any of these.

Every area of the US has its burdens to bear. What I get upset about is that some disasters are treated as the End of the World, and others are treated as STFW moments. People lose ****. People also rebuild and start over, in all of these examples. I've been there, done that. I know precisely WTF those people are going through. But, by the same token, Shi# DOES happen! Sad to say, but very true.

The above mentioned house is in Malibou lake, which is in Agoura Hills, not Malibu.

The family will do ok financially, but they are still going through a loss and it's tough time for them right now. The go fund me is geared towards helping others (neighbors, friends) that lost everything in the fire, and it's mainly close friends that are contributing. Like rexus31 mentioned, not everybody in the area is wealthy, in fact, most are "normal" working people.

Yes, sh*t happens, but when it happens to you, you'd hope people would have at least some better things to say besides "GFY".

Sorry,

Agoura Hills.
Two houses.
One is a Malibu Lake house.
Agoura Hills.
GoFundMe.
Agoura Hills.
Ever seen what houses go for in Agoura Hills?
Agoura Hills.
GoFundMe.

Where's my man Fitzy? I need to send some GFY stickers to this campaign.

That's why the first one was redacted. I've calmed down since then.

Updated...

Tornadoes happen in the Southern Plains
Hurricanes happen along the Gulf and East Coasts.
Blizzards happen over 75% of the Lower 48.
Volcanoes erupt in HI, AK and the West Coast.
Wildfires happen nearly everywhere.

Landslides, floods, ice storms, straight-line winds, even sinkholes...no one is immune from any of these.

Every area of the US has its burdens to bear. What I get upset about is that some disasters are treated as the End of the World, and others are treated as STFW moments. People lose ****. People also rebuild and start over, in all of these examples. I've been there, done that. I know precisely WTF those people are going through. But, by the same token, Shi# DOES happen! Sad to say, but very true.

you forgot to mention earthquakes. :poke:

you forgot to mention earthquakes. :poke:

Oklahoma gets more quakes than California these days.

I've got relatives and friends all over the LA Basin, but only two were in any kind of danger. That went away as the winds shifted South and West, thankfully.

yeah we used to get forest fires in CO all the time. People houses burned because they refused to clear trees and brush from closer than 30 feet from the structures. Meh, they had the opportunity.

yeah we used to get forest fires in CO all the time. People houses burned because they refused to clear trees and brush from closer than 30 feet from the structures. Meh, they had the opportunity.

You have to remember....it's California. Decades of environmental mismanagement by Liberal legislators, policy wonks and governors (Moonbeam, especially!) and such, made it impossible for homeowners and landowners to do precisely that. We see that aftermath of such foolish policies before our eyes.

Let me make myself clearer. I, as much as the next person, sympathize with anybody who lose everything. Tragic!!
Calling a car, when all is lost, a tragedy? Bullshit..

And this GoFundMe **** is getting out of hand. As bad as stick figures on the back of a vehicle.

Setting up my own SomeoneGoGiveMeMoney to buy some stick figures for the back of my cars as we speak.

You have to remember....it's California. Decades of environmental mismanagement by Liberal legislators, policy wonks and governors (Moonbeam, especially!) and such, made it impossible for homeowners and landowners to do precisely that. We see that aftermath of such foolish policies before our eyes.

Mother Earth just trying to rid herself of the liberal plague then?

What do you want? It's California!

And yet you people still continue to live there, getting anal plooked deeper everyday with unconstitutional BS, and you still put up with that nonsense. Enjoy the much higher electrical rates now for PG&E **** ups burnin down the state! Your a lost cause!

Back