Barrett - Jackson 2015

That's how I use to prefer to watch it.
Now I prefer not to watch it at all.
Nothing changes. Obnoxious rich people shopping for penile implants.

And sweaty with horrible combovers and size Medium Walmart Hawaiian shirts over XXL bellies.

Envy. Sour grapes. Call it what you want but I can't appreciate the cars through the type of people I learned to detest. Besides, I've gone to the pre-showing of the cars and crawled through and under them. The workmanship usually was Gas Monkey at best.
A Charger that went for $60,000 and it had K-mart universal tail pipe hangers drilled through the floor??? Come on....

Envy. Sour grapes. Call it what you want but I can't appreciate the cars through the type of people I was taught to detest. Besides, I've gone to the pre-showing of the cars and crawled through and under them. The workmanship usually was Gas Monkey at best.

Sad to hear you were "taught" to detest some folks. There are some who should be detested, but they must earn it.

I agree about the marginal workmanship of most cars seen at auction. They exist mainly as a commodity for the "penis implant" crowd, built using mostly reproduction parts glued to a shiny finish. NO love was involved.

I'm actually more tolerant than I make myself out to be. I speak in the extreme when the reality is really is more subdued. But you already knew that... :D

But, I'm not impressed with the build quality. I need to go to a Good Guys show to see real craftsmanship some day, eh?

I'm actually more tolerant than I make myself out to be. I speak in the extreme when the reality is really is more subdued. But you already knew that... :D

But, I'm not impressed with the build quality. I need to go to a Good Guys show to see real craftsmanship some day, eh?

They have those guys too....

I'd say we have a lot of that here, Stan.
You are 100% correct.
Megabuck auctions and Reality car shows have jumped the shark.
All they do now is make every Jethro Fumbduck in Outland ND think he now has a $100,000.00 one of one.
Money. Ruins everything.
I need more money!

Back