Bastardized 1959 "Coronet" build

If you are interested in opinions, I like the full nose better than open. That "picture" is gorgeous.
Of course I don't have to figure out how to build it either.

I like both your ideas! Unfortunately, the glass nose or the sheet metal school probably won't happen... As for the hemi.... would it have the Hemi tick like my Ram? :-0

I have a line on a partial 61/62 Chrysler nose that I'm looking at this weekend. With the crashed donor fenders I might only need 1 complete nose to make it look like the rendering. I think I could leave the door open for this...

You''re in Ontario? What the hell is happening to your Leafs? I had high hopes they'd send Florida packing after the Panthers kicked my Bruins asses....
The Leafs are in my Will for Pallbearers so they can let me down one last time...

Kevin

I think the rear of the Dodge is too ornate to work well with an open front end.
The Studebaker shop does look better with the open front, because the rear end is more plain.
That's just my opinion, and it's worth every bit you paid for it.

I certainly cannot argue with any of the sentiments expressed here about my buddy's two tone blue rendering... The proportions, the lines, the colors, all of it fantastic. The only thing missing is the freak show factor which is kinda what I was going for with an open engine compartment and no fenders. I think he plans to do one of the latter also, we'll see.....

The only thing missing is the freak show factor which is kinda what I was going for with an open engine compartment and no fenders.
And a '59 Dodge on a C5 chassis isn't enough of a "freak show"?

I like it much better with the front sheet metal.

And a '59 Dodge on a C5 chassis isn't enough of a "freak show"?
LOL!!!

He did an overlay of new/old... Pretty neat...

Eli_Blue_Boris_Photoshop_Overlay.jpg

martha, that man backed right into that poor old pickup truck!!

1961_Chrysler_Nose.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the 59 Dodge nose right from the start... My apologies to those that do enjoy the look.... I like how I get a George Barris look right from Chrysler with the 61/62 nose.

Next up, I will probably shorten the Corvette front frame horns cuz I think I can get the fenders back to the door sheet metal if I do and I will not have to extend the fenders.

Boris_apart.jpg

Regarding the open nose. It's easy to make something look unfinished. The whole rat rod craze is proof. While some really show off creativity, most just look like garbage. However, making it look that's the way it should've been. That's cool. Forge ahead, it's your toy. I just enjoy watching the process

It actually works with the Chrysler nose. I didn't think it would... But I like it.

keep up the good pictures and work. I am really enjoying the views. thanks for sharing

Yeah, it was a crazy series of events that brought me to the owner of the Cro-Magnum (and a few others even wilder).... that's who I got the Chrysler nose from... Check out Fabulous Furniture in Boiceville, NY!

Cut the front frame horns and pushed the nose back about 6 inches... "Step by step, inch by inch"...

Nose_Moved_back.jpg

Now I need to figure out how much surgery I'll need to do on the wheelwell opening so it will steer.

Looks like I need to raise the wheelwell opening about 4 inches. Not really any clue of the best way to do this....

Back