Bat Mobile seen in St. Catharines, ON

I was following along ok and found it informative. Then I got lost when the drama started. Was the car first pictured based on something DonC built??? I am tired and I am not following clearly.
From what I can tell yes, DonC built the one that is in St Catharines, though don't know if it was all him or not. A quick Google search of "Don C and 1966 Batmobile" brings up an entire history of some of his work. If its the same person, lots of controversy, and this isn't the first forum that he has been involved in "drama" as you say. And from what I can see, lives nowhere near Oakville, which explains his less than favorable response to my invitation to meet him (before his attack and accusations about me).

Last edited:
Hello, I'd like to clarify something that Mr Fix It mentioned in his original post. I am the owner of the car and it definitely wasn't me who he was speaking with. I have never insinuated that this car is anything but a replica, and am extremely forth coming with the fact that is just that. So, I apologize to Mr Fix It if someone made you "guess" if it was an original, but that certainly wasn't me. First, this isn't a Fiberglass Freaks build. The car was mostly built on the west coast of Canada over 4 years, but after being extremely disappointed with the workmanship and condition that it was delivered in, it then spent another 18 months being finished just outside of Toronto. We tried to be as true to the original as we could (yes, those are the correct Radir rims :)). I didn't want a "trailer Queen" as I enjoy driving it as much as I can, and let people enjoy it. Sure, there's a few things that could be better or more accurate, but given the challenges of finding correct parts, and having them withstand the unforgiving wear and tear of a daily driver, I'm pretty happy overall with the way it turned out and looks now. A few things that I still plan to do is paint (probably one of the worse paint jobs on Earth!) and a few others fixes here and there to some of the workmanship issues and functionality aspects which we're continually working on. Overall, I'm happy with it and hope people can enjoy it and that it brings back some good memories of a childhood of running around the house with a towel tied around their neck!
How bout an update mr goodwin

4B6675EA-E29C-4344-B44C-D13B676FCEE7.png

Just sold for $190k. The fifth in the series. Mr goodwins being the sixth were told., for which mr goodwin paid just $45,000 for his after asking the builder for 20 years to fit his budget.Quitethe deal. Not street legal.

From what I can tell yes, DonC built the one that is in St Catharines, though don't know if it was all him or not. A quick Google search of "Don C and 1966 Batmobile" brings up an entire history of some of his work. If its the same person, lots of controversy, and this isn't the first forum that he has been involved in "drama" as you say. And from what I can see, lives nowhere near Oakville, which explains his less than favorable response to my invitation to meet him (before his attack and accusations about me).

putz28.png

For everyone that was participating in this thread...the ' kelly dorsett' commentator is really Sam , the owner of the FB page bakspeed. The police were notified of his activities that included stalking home and family, suspected multiple data tampering and suspected multiple property tresspass. Likely sam was given the address by Andrew. Thats andrews replica at sam friends shop. note he was unhappy with his $45,000US Batmobile replica when most replicas of that quality sell for $90K+. Joey you were played.

For everyone that was participating in this thread...the ' kelly dorsett' commentator is really Sam , the owner of the FB page bakspeed. The police were notified of his activities that included stalking home and family, suspected multiple data tampering and suspected multiple property tresspass. Likely sam was given the address by Andrew. Thats andrews replica at sam friends shop. note he was unhappy with his $45,000US Batmobile replica when most replicas of that quality sell for $90K+. Joey you were played.
@Joeychgo

Back