BBTR meeting Germany

You were at the BBTR Carsten ? too bad we didn't meet eachother. with which car you were there?

I talked to you shortly during the lunch break. I really liked your 71.
Unfortunatly you didn't return to the campground where we spent the evening sitting together having a BBQ and talked till late past midnight.

Carsten

OK guys, that's it! Next year I'm coming over, who can I stay with???

Just let me know and I am sure we can sort something out Trev !

Took the vert to the BBTR in 2016

114.JPG

Very good Carsten,.....I'll bring the correct set of hub caps with me for your 69 Sport Fury! :poke:

could you bring some W23 wheels?
Don't have a broadcastsheet but due to its assembly date and being fully loaded that is what it might have had in July 1968

Carsten

OK, I'll bring them, but you have to pay any VAT on import.

I've been saying for several years now that if I had the means I would put my Imp in a container and come over there for a whole season with you guys.

The weather gods don't seem to be friends of Fuselage-style C-bodies as we had wonderful weather until the weekend prior to BBTR and yesterday started with sunshine again. Despite the bad forecast we had 23 Fuselages together, wich is just three cars less then last year! And I think we made the best of it and had fun all the way!

Thanks for coming, especially Paul Magee, who travelled all the way from Morrisville, North Carolina, to Bernkastel-Kues in the beautiful Mosel valley.

View attachment 131585 View attachment 131586 View attachment 131587 View attachment 131588
Awesome pics and thanks Georg!:thumbsup: I kind of thought that looked liked Berkastel-Kues geographically. Spent many summers going there with the parents when on vacation in Germany. I was born and grew up for some short years in Idar-Oberstein. Nice to see that fellow Germans love our c-bodies and so well maintained.

Thanks for posting the pics. Aside from this board I don't think we in NA have the same cohesive sense of community among C Body owners as in the EU. The attendance numbers by C Bodies at larger events confirms that. The other difference in NA is A, B & E bodies in general are the be all and end all for most Mopar collectors. C Bodies seem to get a lot of respect in Europe while being a C Body owner in NA can sometimes make you feel like Rodney Dangerfield.

And now just an impression. Too bad it was raining...

A wonderful sight! Very cool.

I have one suggestion for you,...try a product for the windshield/windscreen called "Rain-X". It really works keeping water/rain off your windshield, and keeping it clear. You won't even have to use the wipers if you are driving fast enough, say, 40 KPH. Where I live it rains 9 months a year, nearly every day. Rain-X makes driving in the rain almost pleasurable. Just an idea!

I have one suggestion for you,...try a product for the windshield/windscreen called "Rain-X". It really works keeping water/rain off your windshield, and keeping it clear. You won't even have to use the wipers if you are driving fast enough, say, 40 KPH. Where I live it rains 9 months a year, nearly every day. Rain-X makes driving in the rain almost pleasurable. Just an idea!

Thanks, I will try that. Just noticed it's available overhere. But to be honest, I ordered new wiperblades too today, they were not thát good anymore :rolleyes:

Just a heads up. I used rain x on my DD back in the 90's. After several months the windshield started getting streaky and it needed a re-application. I decided not to continue using it. It was a bear to remove completely is my recollection.

Back