For Sale Beautiful 1971 Chrysler New Yorker 440 A/T Lemon Twist A/C Fuel Injection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
plenty of more photos
Chrysler: New Yorker 2 Door Hardtop
lem1.jpg
lem2.jpg
lem3.jpg
lem4.jpg
lem5.jpg
lem6.jpg
lem7.jpg
lem8.jpg
lem9.jpg
lem10.jpg

That's nice and I want to say I've seen it at the Nats, in fact I'm sure of it. I'm also sure I boosted pics on here of it too and I was with Mike and Ross at the time.

Hmmm, not really a fan of the color on this one. I wonder what the original owner was thinking when they ordered it. I like and am more interested in the modern engine upgrades like the belt kit an fuel injection. Are these bolt on items?

Wow. I must admit I'll give it an "A" for visual impact.
I respect the car, just wouldn't own it.

Yes, I'm always impressed when I see several feet of rubber hose used to complete a FI installation.

That color looks amped-up over stock Lemon twist, but it could just be photography. Pic of build tag would be nice.

Too bad that aftermarket junk never sells for anything close to original price, or you could make some money back.

I know they made these, but Why? LOL. I still think that hi impact colours just don't work on a C body...it's just too much.

In the 90's there was a Lemon Twist 71 NY 4 dr with a black top in my local area. I always thought it looked like a taxi.

Interesting cup holder mod on the console lid...

I'm not normally a fan of Lemon Twist but this one really looks nice. I'd have to remove the window tint though. It just doesn't fit to me.

I remember looking at the tag but don't remember if I took a pic of it. This particular car looks great in that color imo..

Lemon twist definitely looks much brighter than the watered down sunflower yellow looking picture and closer to the pics of this car in the ad than that

I'm with Stan. His color saturation mod made me realize the trees in the first photo either radioactive, or "enhanced".

No vinyl on this one is fine by me and I recall this car in person looking very much like the pics in the ad.

Lash must've taken those pics!
The owner of that one, last I knew, was a Docker, I think? I've seen the car at an Indy car show in the past.

Hmmm, not really a fan of the color on this one. I wonder what the original owner was thinking when they ordered it. I like and am more interested in the modern engine upgrades like the belt kit an fuel injection. Are these bolt on items?
Yes, that serpentine and the EFI are bolt-ons. There are a few companies that make serp-pulley kits for SB and BB mopars. But not cheap!

The EFI is an 'older' Fast throttlebody EFI setup.

There's a new kid in teh EFI world, cheap price and has gotten some good reviews:
https://www.summitracing.com/search...stems?N=402773+4294925975&GroupBy=ProductName

$800 for a 400hp system, $1000 for a 600hp (250-600 range) which includes timing control, the 400hp system does not.
IMHO the control of timing accounts for a lot of the increased drivability of EFI, and is worth the extra $200.
I have an MSD6 on one of my cars, with the adjustable timing module/knob, and when the engine is cold I can add more ign timing, and it runs noticeably smoother. Imagine an ECU monitoring coolant and intake air temps, instead of a dude adjusting a knob - I'd pay $200 for that...

I wouldn't dispute what the car looks like in-person because I've never seen it. However I did own (and paint) a Top Banana '70 Charger and it was not that bright. Here's how you tell... other c-body folk here with amber turn lenses tell me if they're THIS orange when not illuminated:

$_3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back