For Sale Beautiful 1971 Chrysler New Yorker 440 A/T Lemon Twist A/C Fuel Injection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what you posted, but I'll take it even a step further and say that I don't have a problem with taking performance up a notch... IF you know what your doing. These are the guys on the cutting edge and we share a like-minded approach to modifications.

F.A.S.T. - Factory Appearing Stock Tire - Home -

No matter how you look at them, F.A.S.T. cars appear showroom stock, including the body, interior, engine and all its external components & manifolds, even the wheels and original 1960's style skinny bias ply tires. As a matter of fact, F.A.S.T cars place very well at shows for "restored" cars. But get a group of them on the drag strip, and LOOK OUT! You will see F.A.S.T. cars covering the 1/4 mile in 13, 12, 11, 10 and some even in the 9 second range, with the fastest cars posting trap speeds well over 130 MPH! You see, F.A.S.T. cars may look and sound stock, but internal engine modifications are not restricted.

(Personally, I don't even care that much about tires. They're a consumable, like gas and oil. Plus I'm way too cheap to shell out $300 for a good performance tire that looks like it's from 1970, but more power to these guys if they want 'em.)

Dave Dudek
1969 HEMI Roadrunner
9.98 @ 139 MPH

I also think it's pretty cool that GM/Ford/Mopar are all pretty well represented. Not because of "regulation", but because the owners are so passionate about eeking the most from their cars.

Things like aluminum heads that look original but allow timing to be bumped up along with a roller lifters setup and appropriate cam modifications that make use of today's gas more satisfying, would be fine with me. They are all out of sight and reasonable upgrades. But I personally wouldn't be striving for a fast quarter mile car, just something a little better than what you can get with today's gas - something that would mimic the past performance on good fuel better. I still try to replicate the original look as best I can and the original performance as well (but maybe a little bump up).

I am not sure what some guys are trying to prove in making these old cars really fast strip cars. And old cars with substantial upgrades to performance can usually still be beat by a 4 cylinder turbo Ford Focus that was bought off the showroom floor yesterday or a Model S Tesla P90D. But if that is what motivates and excites them, I am all for it. That way they are not on their smart phones all day sitting on a couch making time pass playing video games and such...............................

Things like aluminum heads that look original but allow timing to be bumped up along with a roller lifters setup and appropriate cam modifications that make use of today's gas more satisfying, would be fine with me. They are all out of sight and reasonable upgrades. But I personally wouldn't be striving for a fast quarter mile car, just something a little better than what you can get with today's gas - something that would mimic the past performance on good fuel better. I still try to replicate the original look as best I can and the original performance as well (but maybe a little bump up).

I am not sure what some guys are trying to prove in making these old cars really fast strip cars. And old cars with substantial upgrades to performance can usually still be beat by a 4 cylinder turbo Ford Focus that was bought off the showroom floor yesterday or a Model S Tesla P90D. But if that is what motivates and excites them, I am all for it. That way they are not on their smart phones all day sitting on a couch making time pass playing video games and such...............................
Now what would you take, old car.... or new Ford Focus? Everyone can go to dealer and buy Ford Focus, but not all can build old cars and make them fast or better.

Now what would you take, old car.... or new Ford Focus? Everyone can go to dealer and buy Ford Focus, but not all can build old cars and make them fast or better.

Don't get me wrong, if that is your goal - Go For It! We are all motivated differently and have different goals. While my goal isn't yours, pushing the envelope in performance is fine to me. It just seems that it has been done so many times by so many people and the technology today makes a lot of the affordable upgrades to our old iron seem somewhat meek and mild by comparison. Not many guys are left that really restore a car well was what I was trying to say. And honestly, I would probably take the Focus - but I understand many would not. Or better yet, a Charger of Challenger Hellcat!

OK, I know I'm going to piss many of you off here, but something came to my mind the minute I saw the engine bay - and I'm mad at myself for thinking it. But the words of many of my A, B, and E body friends from Bakersfield would have said when seeing this, "Nice motor, wrong car." It's... a... New Yorker. Nice car, but....
If you think that engine is out of place in New Yorker, this will blow your mind then :) :)

This is a T code standard 440, not the available 440 HP engine (U code). So you believe it should have a 383?? New Yorkers were usually well loaded cars, so there is nothing out of place in having the available HP engine in this model to me. Mine has it as well as the tunnel mounted cassette player and sun roof, as one example. If anything, the high impact color might be viewed as inappropriate in a New Yorker, but a real 440HP engine would be proper to me.

Who said anything about a 383, or the fact that this is a 440 - which is what a New Yorker should have. My dislike (and it's merely opinion) are the modifications on this particular motor, and those being in a New Yorker. The issue for me is not the motor, it's modifications on a NEW YORKER. I think I'm being clear. It would be like seeing a 4-speed in a Caddy, just not right.

skeptisch.gif

It would be like seeing a 4-speed in a Caddy, just not right.

Who said anything about a 383, or the fact that this is a 440 - which is what a New Yorker should have. My dislike (and it's merely opinion) are the modifications on this particular motor, and those being in a New Yorker. The issue for me is not the motor, it's modifications on a NEW YORKER. I think I'm being clear. It would be like seeing a 4-speed in a Caddy, just not right.

OK. It seems to me these modifications are aimed at improving driveability and a/c performance rather than an engine performance upgrade, although maybe you are objecting to the presence of bling in terms of the valve covers, ignition wires, and serpentine belt. In any case, I just didn't think it mattered whether they were done to a Newport or a New Yorker. A 4 speed, I would agree with you. Doesn't matter, just our opinions. :thumbsup:

OK. It seems to me these modifications are aimed at improving driveability and a/c performance rather than an engine performance upgrade, although maybe you are objecting to the presence of bling in terms of the valve covers, ignition wires, and serpentine belt. In any case, I just didn't think it mattered whether they were done to a Newport or a New Yorker. A 4 speed, I would agree with you. Doesn't matter, just our opinions. :thumbsup:

I did what I did to the car for drive ability and a little because I like chrome. I wasn't trying in no way to make it faster and I never thought for a moment that I would get my money back that I have in the car. As I said before to each his own. If everyone left there cars bone stock with everything original I think the car shows and cruise-ins would be pretty boring. Just my option which everyone is entitled to.

I did what I did to the car for drive ability and a little because I like chrome. I wasn't trying in no way to make it faster and I never thought for a moment that I would get my money back that I have in the car. As I said before to each his own. If everyone left there cars bone stock with everything original I think the car shows and cruise-ins would be pretty boring. Just my option which everyone is entitled to.

Yeah but about that serpentine system... where'd you source it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back