Been 20 yrs

UJAMAA

Reaction score
20150527_162008.jpg20150522_191315.jpgHello I live on the Central Coast in California. Bringing a "67" Polara 4Dr back to life. It has been in the Family since day one came from Georgia to California and in "69" CHP Polara (California Highway Patrol) came available , my Father installed the "69" running gear into the "67" well we all know why. :yaayy:

Well my Brother passed the baton a month ago. I was so ready to hear the motor run again after not being around the vehicle for over 20 yrs, but its been in storage, I cut the fuel filter off and lubed the pistons with mystery oil and let it sit for a few days
bumped the starter a couple of times , it spun very freely . I could not resist pouring some fuel down the carb.
It was like finding that toy thats been lost for years.
So today I dropped the gas tank and YUP , RUST ,Varnish.
I have a running donor car that i picked up that i almost sold the other day .

My recommendation to all, Resist the urge to start up mopar that has been sitting for years . We all want to say that there is no rust in the gas tank and the fuel filter will catch what comes through.

I don't plan on tearing apart the 440HP at this time. going to change the fluids and filters and go from there

Thank you for reading and glad to be here

20150522_191315.jpg

20150527_162008.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

rusted fuel lines are our middle name. and dead brakes. and loose front ends. :)

we can have that car on the road by sundown, no problem.

"rusted fuel lines' is my middle name as I have replaced whole fuel systems on two Mopars in the past 3-4 years (65 Dodge Dart & 67 Dodge Monaco).

Glenn

Welcome indeed! I own your car's right hand drive twin in South Africa.... Good luck bringing the old lady back to life!

Ters.

Back