Been laying down the foil...

I'll be installing the carpet tonight.
Can't wait to get this car done and on the road again, it's been almost 2 years now

IMG_1061.JPG
Got the foil taping done and now laid the carpet in for the time being and going to allow it to settle in a bit before doing any cutting.

I think i picked the right shape of red for this.
the previous carpet was a burgundy colour

View attachment 78126 Got the foil taping done and now laid the carpet in for the time being and going to allow it to settle in a bit before doing any cutting.

I think i picked the right shape of red for this.
the previous carpet was a burgundy colour
yes you did. looks great. where did you get the carpet? I will be looking real soon for carpet for my wagon.

I bought it from Legendary interiors but it is a Trim Parts product.

How much product did it take to do the floor and parts of the wheel well? I looked at the raamaudio site and they have a couple of packages. I my want to do my wife's vue

How much product did it take to do the floor and parts of the wheel well? I looked at the raamaudio site and they have a couple of packages. I my want to do my wife's vue

I bought 75 sq ft. at 80 mil thickness it was $145 if I recall correctly.
I have about 8 sq ft left over

great choice on the carpet. looks sweet!

Mr Fix-it, you and I are at exactly the same point in putting our interior back together, and I want to ax ya a question...in what order do you plan on putting it all back together?

It's been a while since I took the interior out and I do not remember exactly how I was going to put it all back in. and also, I want to make sure I dont screw up and cut the carpet wrong cuz i missed a step or something. lol

thanks!
Mario

Mr Fix-it, you and I are at exactly the same point in putting our interior back together, and I want to ax ya a question...in what order do you plan on putting it all back together?

It's been a while since I took the interior out and I do not remember exactly how I was going to put it all back in. and also, I want to make sure I dont screw up and cut the carpet wrong cuz i missed a step or something. lol

thanks!
Mario
Well...

I plan to secure the back section first and trim it into place
Then tackle the front
Watch the Eastwood video episode #60 & 61
It has a lot of good installation tips
Using a heat gun to massage corners into place, tar rope and velcro hook material to lock things down.

I have to rebuild the rear wiring harness as well so I'll be doing that first then finishing up on the carpet

I'm planning on adding some extra power feeds for lighting the trunk up and interior to boot.

I also plan to video tape this so others can see how a C body is done.

Last edited:

thanks!
Mario

Most importantly, start at the center with the carpet and work toward the sills.

Install the seat belts and locate and secure the holes for the seats as well.

If you don't, it will be short when you install the sill plates.

John

Well...

Then tackle the front
Using a heat gun to massage corners into place, tar rope and velcro hook material to lock things down.

I have to rebuild the rear wiring harness as well so I'll be doing that first then finishing up on the carpet

I'm planning on adding some extra power feeds for lighting the trunk up and interior to boot.

Sweet thanks! ill check those vids out.

Most importantly, start at the center with the carpet and work toward the sills.

John

thanks John! makes sense!

Well...

Then tackle the front

the only eastwood video #60 I have found is regard their plasma cutter.

do you happen to have a linky? :p

John
And use a soldering iron to make any holes.

Here it is... I messed up it isn't Eastwood

It's AutoRestoMod

Those guys have some great "how to" videos. They are using Mustangs, but a lot of the techniques are the same. You usually have to fast forward through the first couple minutes of BS and screwing around.

Back