Before we had our C bodies...

Then my first restoration project, ‘70 Challenger convertible R/T, 383 with factory air.

I did love the Celica, they were nimble little cars, but rusted out faster than a tin can in an acid bath. That red one was deceiving, there were actually no rear wheel wells or frame rails, and the tan one rusted though the trunk and the gas tank!
Should have kept the Chally rag! Of course you know that.

Remember those Celicas well, a friends mom had one like your tan one in the 70's that was bought new. You're dead on regarding the rust thing!

Amazing, those look quite like a late 60's US Ford Falcon. The claim that it was the fastest sedan in the world in 1971 might be a bit of a stretch with 351C & 3.5 gears and a non-aero body. Would expect a good running police car with 440 and highway gears could best that as well as a Mercedes 6.3. I imagine it would have been a good handler for the period. No offense but I'd prefer a couple hemi cudas instead:lol:
It was indeed the fastest saloon in the world at the time, the Mercedes could get up to 220km/h (136.7 mph), the GTHO 228km/h.
gtho-speedo-original.gif

Back