Big Red 72 Imperial no brakes no problem i'm still working on ya.

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to let no brakes stop a little work outside...she's definitely a big girl on a slight grade driveway
20170723_122359.jpg
20170723_122458.jpg
20170723_122532.jpg
20170723_122344.jpg
...getting those clown red headrests off and sidepipes brackets cleans her up a bit.

Great looking car. Aside from the brakes what plans do you have for it?
Let's see...after brakes with master and booster rebuild: I have to find that spacer thing that's leaking between the two
tranny tune up
new valve cover gaskets
engine tune up/filters
new water pump
I have to water test that sunroof...could be another nightmare...then what if leaks? new seal?
check gas tank no symptoms
new steering wheel to original
dual exhaust is new but very throaty like glass pack rumble
address interior clown red highlights throughout
upgrade stereo/speakers
remove undercarriage lights
maybe flip to blackwalls out on tires
eventually some minor bodywork around fender skirts and rear window sill
declutter that shiny engine
cooling system seems ok
eventually different rims?

So much better without the side pipes. I can tell she is in good hands.
Stunning car.

I don't even hate the wheels and tires on it with the red and white combo. This car is making me second guess myself in several ways.:thumbsup:

I don't even hate the wheels and tires on it with the red and white combo. This car is making me second guess myself in several ways.:thumbsup:
Yes...I was wondering if I will kick myself after I flip to blackwalls...the white lettering kinda fits with the white top and interior. Also, I don't know if a video with audio would pick up the roar of this engine...(and not sure it fits Imperials in general)...this car is very hot rod like...do videos work well in this forum? I haven't seen any posted.

Yep, they work. I usually post to YouTube and attach a link to it here. I would not put the blackwalls out on this car. I'd either leave it for now or put its white walls and wheelcovers back on.
My Imp is not at all quiet.

Yep, they work. I usually post to YouTube and attach a link to it here. I would not put the blackwalls out on this car. I'd either leave it for now or put its white walls and wheelcovers back on.
My Imp is not at all quiet.
Yes, no hurry on the tire flip...the mechanic is supposed to do a house call this week and pull master and booster...got a couple sources for booster rebuild...have to send out...new master only $48.00.
I'll have to make a YouTube video once we're back on the road. Think the exhaust has glass packs.

Back