Big red and my grandpa

68Bigred

Reaction score
I just wanted to say last week after shipping big red to ny to see my grandfather he just was so excited. He loved that car. We just sat in the parking lot and looked at it for what seemed like hours. He told all the nurses his car came back all the way from Texas to see him. He had me open all the doors and good to see her new interior and engine. He wanted to sit in the parking lot to watch it drive away. Moments one can never get back. Sadly he passed away today at 93. Another one of our WWll vets gone. He will be greatly missed! He was a true Mopar guy,never owned anything else!

IMG_3711.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you got it up there just in time, good for you sir, well done! Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss... but really glad you got to give him that day.

Very sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like you made his day that's what is important.

God bless you and god bless your grandpa.

It's awesome that he got to see his car again ! A MoPar man to the end, he sounds like my kind of guy.
Sorry for your loss.

I just wanted to say last week after shipping big red to ny to see my grandfather he just was so excited. He loved that car. We just sat in the parking lot and looked at it for what seemed like hours. He told all the nurses his car came back all the way from Texas to see him. He had me open all the doors and good to see her new interior and engine. He wanted to sit in the parking lot to watch it drive away. Moments one can never get back. Sadly he passed away today at 93. Another one of our WWll vets gone. He will be greatly missed! He was a true Mopar guy,never owned anything else!

View attachment 87110

My. . . My. . . My. . . I am so touched by this. Its clear your grandpa was waiting to see that car again - one more time. It is such a wonderful thing you did here. Our sincere sympathies go out to you and your family.

Thank you all! He passed peacefully. My aunt was with him and his last conversation he had with her is he got to see me and his convertible again. Makes me realize these old cars are for many not just Gas guzzlers that should be made into a coffee maker in China, but are true members of our families. These old cars are associated with the good times and bad times, big red has been used in family weddings and will be the car to carry his ashes to be with my grandmother. I'm glad he can have one last ride in it. It makes all the money and hours spent to bring it back worth it.

Sorry for your loss, but happy that you had/took the opportunity to bring that moment of pleasure and nostalgia to your grand father. You'll always feel good about doing that.

Kudos to you for honoring your Grandpa. We probably can't fathom what it meant to him. From the photo, you sure do resemble him.

Nice job and what a way to make your grandpa's final days on this plain special! That's all good stuff man!

Sorry for your loss. I'm glad you put a smile on his face one more time.

Back