Bob update & the fence

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
It’s funny how the world turns. I’ve learned to never count on anything & that regardless of how well I plan something comes along & screws it up. Remember the subdivision that they where building right on top of me. Had me all bummed out. So I started cleaning up the place & quickly stripped all the cars I had which left me disorganized but I still manage to find most stuff. Then they built this fence. Wasn’t sure about that thing & continued to clean the place up & got down to just 1 parts car. Seriously thinking about moving & set out a plan to put myself in position to do just that when I felt I couldn’t take no more. My auto touch business was absolutely booming in 2019 & early 2020. Had no time to mess with this stuff & didn’t see that changing as all my dealers were loving me & giving me more work than I could handle. Then in March the Covid 19 thing hit. Car sales quickly fell off a cliff & state wide shelter in place policies pretty much shut me down. I got out some. Did what I could as this got worse by the day. The streets where all but abandoned. Crazy. I went from 135 cars a month to 80 to 30. So I decided to buy a couple of parts cars & get back to selling car parts. Always pulled one or two behind the shop. Have a roll up access door in the back of the shop. Before I was surrounded by woods so no one could see what I was doing behind the shop. Now with the fence the new neighbors can but I’m isolated from them & suddenly I like the new fence. I’m busy with parting cars & STILL working on my drag car FURYIOUS as the tracks have all reopened now. I doubt I’ll ever get the touch up business rolling like it was again. One of the managers that gave me about 40% of my business retired. Got feed up with the shut down & called in his retirement. Plus the others are slow & im no spring chicken. Now it looks like I’m staying here. Can’t afford to move. Sold 3 of my cars. Charger, Matador & wagon plus a couple years ago I sold the Belvedere & D440 truck. So I’m down to FURYIOUS, the 78 Diplomat, 64 Barracuda drag car & 66 Barracuda. Guess I’ll hang around here a couple more years & see what happens with Youngsville that is on steroids & the country which is going to hell looks like.
AFD1FC8A-3F6C-4AAB-BC15-B231DA8EAF07.jpeg
705C4BC9-07EB-4380-8E64-0AF5F5DA0882.jpeg
6A81C366-8A85-436B-A83B-7F6DDCA9D948.jpeg
AC25E2AE-E682-4600-8E50-050CDE5A770E.jpeg
ECC71D34-380C-4F92-9B9A-58F24A09AF6D.jpeg

I guess what I was trying to say is that I gave my future a lot of thought during 2019 & set out a plan. Get out of the parts business & focus on the touch up business. Play with my drag car & prepare to move. Covid 19 has me doing the exact opposite of that LOL

One thing I've learned as I go through my 50s, "plans change". It was never more obvious than now.

I may build a lean too on the back of the shop to pull cars under to be out of the sun & weather.

Last edited:
Bob, you and I are going through similar situations.
Camp FUHOA is now being surrounded by 24 houses going in where a year ago there was nothing.
I put up a privacy fence about 40' back from the street. Let me tell ya, you got lucky when they put up the fence. I broke my balls on that one. Thinking watch towers might be in order.

5f9ada9724c2ddde83fbc4135fdeb1e8e221d2e7-14.jpg

It’s funny how the world turns. I’ve learned to never count on anything & that regardless of how well I plan something comes along & screws it up. Remember the subdivision that they where building right on top of me. Had me all bummed out. So I started cleaning up the place & quickly stripped all the cars I had which left me disorganized but I still manage to find most stuff. Then they built this fence. Wasn’t sure about that thing & continued to clean the place up & got down to just 1 parts car. Seriously thinking about moving & set out a plan to put myself in position to do just that when I felt I couldn’t take no more. My auto touch business was absolutely booming in 2019 & early 2020. Had no time to mess with this stuff & didn’t see that changing as all my dealers were loving me & giving me more work than I could handle. Then in March the Covid 19 thing hit. Car sales quickly fell off a cliff & state wide shelter in place policies pretty much shut me down. I got out some. Did what I could as this got worse by the day. The streets where all but abandoned. Crazy. I went from 135 cars a month to 80 to 30. So I decided to buy a couple of parts cars & get back to selling car parts. Always pulled one or two behind the shop. Have a roll up access door in the back of the shop. Before I was surrounded by woods so no one could see what I was doing behind the shop. Now with the fence the new neighbors can but I’m isolated from them & suddenly I like the new fence. I’m busy with parting cars & STILL working on my drag car FURYIOUS as the tracks have all reopened now. I doubt I’ll ever get the touch up business rolling like it was again. One of the managers that gave me about 40% of my business retired. Got feed up with the shut down & called in his retirement. Plus the others are slow & im no spring chicken. Now it looks like I’m staying here. Can’t afford to move. Sold 3 of my cars. Charger, Matador & wagon plus a couple years ago I sold the Belvedere & D440 truck. So I’m down to FURYIOUS, the 78 Diplomat, 64 Barracuda drag car & 66 Barracuda. Guess I’ll hang around here a couple more years & see what happens with Youngsville that is on steroids & the country which is going to hell looks like. View attachment 383065View attachment 383066View attachment 383067View attachment 383068View attachment 383069

Lol

I am glad that I have 16 acres 5+ miles from concrete and pavement.

Camp FUHOA is now being surrounded by 24 houses going in where a year ago there was nothing.
I put up a privacy fence about 40' back from the street. Let me tell ya, you got lucky when they put up the fence. I broke my balls on that one. Thinking watch towers might be in order.

View attachment 383072
Haha if I move I might head your way & give you an ally. Those houses behind my shop have tiny back yards. 4 passes with the mower & you’re done.

I found that my plans for this year have changed for me as well, Thanks China!
At least with that said, I did manage to pocket over 10K with that idea and change of plans, I just have to figure out when I can start to move forward again?

View attachment 383072

Moat with alligators? You have the backhoe!

Dave

View attachment 383072

I don't recall where you've posted any pictures of holes that you dug with your little toy.

Back