Bought a 58 Ghia Limo

My65cuda

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to get it home!

25D32ABB-D030-40FB-9FF8-6530355C9224.jpeg

That is sweet.... your smile is not big enough.... I would be doing the "Happy Dance" !!!
Enjoy !!!

Hey --- how about that Red Cor Vette in the background???
That should be worth another 500,000 rubles......

Congrats Mike! Whats the history behind it?
I do remember 15 years ago sitting in a 58 at an auction that belonged either to the Firestone or Dupont family. My friend was bidding on it but was outbid at the time.

Last edited:
I was drooling over that car at Bonhams in Scottsdale, I think it sold for $78k? I always wanted one but being 6'4" I don't know if I can comfortably drive one with the fixed front seats.

I was drooling over that car at Bonhams in Scottsdale, I think it sold for $78k? I always wanted one but being 6'4" I don't know if I can comfortably drive one with the fixed front seats.
I am 5'8" and it was a snug fit for me.
I will have to dig through my archives and share any pics I saved.
The Ghia I looked at had Firestone bias ply wide whites on it.
Funny thing the Firestone family is related to the Henry Ford family by marriage yet commisioned an Imperial Ghia Limo!

Will get more pictures when it gets home. It will get picked up on Wednesday. I was there to buy signs on the automobila side and then hung around to see this. The cosmetics are pretty strong on it, but underneath is just 100% stock. Back passenger window is a bit of a pain and the partition glass wants to move out of its slot when going up. I seriously doubt anyone has done meaningful driving with it. With that, I'm sure we'll run into a host of bugs as we give it some road time. Just hoping it has non ethanol gas in it over the years of sitting.

Is that the one the St Louis "museum" had for sale?

Are you bringing it to New Orleans this week end?

I don't even have the car yet haha. It will get picked up on Tuesday/Wednesday. I won't be going to NO this weekend. I own a sign auction company and we have our big auction next week, all about setup right now.

Can’t wait to get it home!

View attachment 518679
Congratulations. I have always wanted one. Is that the one from St Louis or Vicari Auction in Orlando? I followed the auction for Orlando and thought it sold after reserve was lifted. When you go to Vicari site showing each car, it is listed as still for sale. Glad you got it. Vicari must have a glitch in their system as the 1968 Hemi Road Runner that sold Saturday also is seeking more bids if you go to the individual car. Are you based in FL and will you plan to drive it or just display the rare specimen.

That was yesterday, today it's worth 700,000 rubles,, tomorrow 900,000 rubles?
500K rubles? 700K? 900K? I'll take all of them!
At today's exchange rate, 500,000 rubles is $3700.00; ....900,000 rubles is $6,660.00. I'd call that a "buyer's market".

BTW - the Ruble is going down, not up (Yes, I know we are being facetious) :)

The car was delivered yesterday. I've been out of town and will finally get to it today. I'm hoping the weather breaks for me and I can take it for a spin.

Back