bought a pristine complete 1981 Imperial, may switch to carb

Got a spare set of those snow flake rims sitting around............. just sayin......

After a 2nd look at all the picz I think you're right. but brown iz almost az bad az Maroon. I've only seen an ad pix of the White on White Imperial like that one in the video but if it were white on white it would have me plotting and planing, even if it does have a worthless hole in the roof, Jer

I sold my extra set of those Snowflakes to the scrap dealer for $25 each after I sold the Batwagon. Search for a pic of that Beast and you'll know why I had 'um in my stash, Jer

Dean-o madone.jpg

I'm just glad that thing is at the opposite corner of the country lest I get any stupid ideas..
I already have lots of stupid ideas about this one ($800 price tag hits me in my weakest spot), I do agree it's a good thing it's so far away. That interior just kills me, color would make little difference at that price...

Pics for posterity...
00000_5Fi6CXmPAKP_1200x900.jpg
00N0N_gypDR15zbsh_1200x900.jpg
00h0h_4RZLUmaKDdJ_1200x900.jpg
00M0M_kKiay7w0PYh_1200x900.jpg
00909_5UVS2iTtgdm_1200x900.jpg
00U0U_ka4t5lJG2DS_1200x900.jpg
01212_bgFuMljONMW_1200x900.jpg
00f0f_fDc1i1NvMI8_1200x900.jpg
00H0H_auxKYUb9Ree_1200x900.jpg

I'm just glad that thing is at the opposite corner of the country lest I get any stupid ideas..
Same here... I've always had a desire for one. A friend had a blue Sinatra edition that I really liked. Finding the right one crosses my mind every once in a while.

I did see a white one for sale at a local show last year, but it was obviously a rusty upstate New York car that was run hard and put away wet.

I already have lots of stupid ideas about this one ($800 price tag hits me in my weakest spot), I do agree it's a good thing it's so far away. That interior just kills me, color would make little difference at that price...

Pics for posterity...
View attachment 128489 View attachment 128490 View attachment 128491 View attachment 128492 View attachment 128493 View attachment 128494 View attachment 128495 View attachment 128496 View attachment 128497
Interesting thing about those wheel centerz for those Snowflakez. They came in Red, Clear W/ Imperial Branded into the plastic Pentastar , and just clear plastic. When I went chasing for the now NS1 wheel centerz in the mid '90s, I wound up with 5 NOS clear plastic Pentastars from all over the country and with my conversion to '76-7-8 C-body discs on the front I had to have Four 1/2" thick aluminum spacers machined out so those centerz would seat on the caliperz. Just one of those insignificant bitz of KAH-KA the we're all full of and the cheap spacerz that Jeg's and Summit sell I wouldn't hang on ah kiddy wagon, Jer

Well the add is down so hopefully its in good hands and will be restored! I like that ginger interior, its rare! It looks good with black walls and snow flake wheels to! Thanks cantflip for posting the pictures, I missed the add , The asking price was $800.00? It has the 82 83 clear centers, I like my red 81 centers better! I still would like the support plate for my 81 Frank sun roof , the only two options available in 81! Any body know the production numbers for my car. I figure maybe 50?

1981 Imperial production numbers according to Standard Catalog Of American Cars :
148 Came with "Sinatra" package.

What do I think?
1) It's a J body, so you should also consult ForFMJbodiesonly as well...that gang will also provide some knowledge on the car too, although they are more into hotrodding over there, so advice will be skewed in that direction.
2) Carb conversion is fine if EFI parts are now missing from the attempted conversion and you can no longer make it work. Headers etc really incongruous on an Imperial.
3) Restore it as best you can and enjoy being the only one in the crowd!

This Imperial is not a J body. Chrysler referred to it as a "Y" body.

This Imperial is not a J body. Chrysler referred to it as a "Y" body.
That's the car line there is no Y body.
Imperials are always Ys. A Barracuda is a B for it's car line, it's not a B body, A or E, but not a B body.

Last edited:
Back