Brake booster ideas?

Wardschopshopllc

Reaction score
Hey guys i am having an issue finding a brake booster for my 68 Fury III. Have any of you found a solution without doing a full master and booster conversion? Thanks for any suggestions

Get it rebuilt by a competent rebuilder. There should be some threads in here. Might put "Booster Dewey" into the search line, although Dewey has retired and the physical location has moved, same company and great service.

Reman boosters can be a hit and miss, even if they look just like the one you have. Matching that in an reman unit is necessary. Most were the same from '65-'68 model years of C-bodies. Stay away from what you might find at Summit or similar!

What issue are you seeking to solve?

CBODY67

Get it rebuilt by a competent rebuilder. There should be some threads in here. Might put "Booster Dewey" into the search line, although Dewey has retired and the physical location has moved, same company and great service.

Reman boosters can be a hit and miss, even if they look just like the one you have. Matching that in an reman unit is necessary. Most were the same from '65-'68 model years of C-bodies. Stay away from what you might find at Summit or similar!

What issue are you seeking to solve?

CBODY67
Thanks for the help! I had just put all new brake parts on this car and of course the last component (the booster) isnt doing its thing. The car does stop now which is good but i have to stomp on it.

As much as I wish there was an alternative solution than having to send the booster in, it’s pretty much your best bet! I bought a core off eBay and had it sent straight to Booster Dewey a few years back.

Booster Steve.. formally Booster Dewey can fix you up.

IMG_20240210_091852602.jpg

Back