Breaker Plate stuck/Vacuum advance/Quick help please

IMG_4531.jpg
A short intermission..

Food for thought:

By the time you buy a new vacuum advance, points, condenser, cap, rotor and a dwell meter, you could buy one of these and be done with it.

MOPAR: 440 Hi-Rev Electronic Ignition Conversion Kit OEM Specs Charger Plymouth+

I can't remember if this was a 383 or 440. Just stay away from the Proform crap.
Yeah I've actually heard good things about the Mopar Performance Units/kits, I'm just more interested in running points.. once i get the knack it'll be simple, and something I do with each oil change and tune up every 3,000 miles.

Any suggestions for where to buy my first standard timing light? Sears?
Also, I can't find a part number for the contact points and condenser for a 1967 383 4bbl.. I'd like to get NOS Blue Streak Standard points.. there are many available around but without a number I don't know which are specific to my car.. anyone know?

Last edited:
Any suggestions for where to buy my first standard timing light? Sears?
Also, I can't find a part number for the contact points and condenser for a 1967 383 4bbl.. I'd like to get NOS Blue Streak Standard points.. there are many available around but without a number I don't know which are specific to my car.. anyone know?
Innova Pro Timing Lights 5568

I bought this a while back and love it. Shows battery voltage, alternator voltage, advance, RPM and dwell. Little pricey but it's all that wrapped in one.

Innova Pro Timing Lights 5568
Advance degrees and rpms displayed together- deluxe!
I bought this a while back and love it. Shows battery voltage, alternator voltage, advance, RPM and dwell. Little pricey but it's all that wrapped in one.
How has it worked for you so far.. stable & accurate?

I figured I was using my grandfathers equipment still .. which is all fine and in good condition .. just not to good for road testing. With this, it's in one unit, on the passenger seat, blow up the road, pull over, check and tweak, then keep truckin.

I figured I was using my grandfathers equipment still .. which is all fine and in good condition .. just not to good for road testing. With this, it's in one unit, on the passenger seat, blow up the road, pull over, check and tweak, then keep truckin.
I thinks it's a great value.

How has it worked for you so far.. stable & accurate?
Mine was really good with all of my cars .. bear in mind that the features intended for point/gap set ups I've only used a very few times as most cars I've owned since purchasing it have been electronic ignition ..
That said, on the odd "fire up whats sitting out in the woods" day, I've managed to get some real sh**birds running quite well with that tool.

Back