Broadcast sheet for my 1975 Royal Monaco

@74monacoHT
Here's what I could find. Notably, the Lights section does not contain a single code, which I find a bit odd. Then you have the remark "Test Drive", which may have to do with this car being an early build.

J91 Instrument Panel - Type 1 may be in connection with H41 Upper Level Fresh-Air Ventilation, that is to say, no airco. Those cars lack the vent on the outer passenger side of the panel.

Y84 and B27 (again!) remain to be solved. @69CoronetRT ?

White book shows:

B27 = 11 X 2 RR brakes.
Y84 = New Car Service Dealer pre-service

Can someone tell me which of these bumpers from a 75 Royal Monaco are the front and which are the rear? They each are extremely heavy (demo-derby heavy?) and very similar....

100_0545.JPG

100_0546.JPG

100_0547.JPG

100_0548.JPG

I will check and see if I kept them. Only so many parts you can keep (and then can maybe find when needed).

Larry
I looked and could not find a right-hand mirror for a 75 Royal Monaco. I wonder if they are the same as the Chrysler mirrors for those years? Someone must have one.

The front end of my monaco is from a royal. I'm wondering if this is the correct info plate (picture attached) for my car. Also what is the long strip of metal with the punches about? Post 8 is my broadcast sheetm

20230909_153303.jpg

Last edited:
Also what is the long strip of metal with the punches about?
A way to indicate that something was inspected.

Somebody did their job, inspected something then punched the strip. Most of the time , the strips are not there. They've been cut off or fallen off over time. You can see another one in the background of this tag.
74_PK41_E86_D34_EW1_177061B.jpg

As a matter of fact, yes!

The body paint and roof paint codes on the fender tag are KB5, which translates as Lucerne Blue Metallic. In the pics your car has quite a different color. The codes on the fender tag match those on the broadcast sheet, as far as I can tell. A small part of the broadcast sheet is damaged.

The SPD I read off your broadcast sheet should be corrected to B15, so the car was not on an extremely early schedule. Sorry!

Could you please, please post a pic of the door sticker?

Last edited:
pic of the door sticker?
Thanks for all the great information! The front and fenders of the car are from a later royal monaco, which was white. From your decoding of the plate under the hood, it sounds like the plate and radiator support is correct for my 74, the rest of which was indeed blue. After completing bodywork, I repainted the entire car GM Dark Garnet Red metallic. The color gets compliments everywhere I go (maybe because they don't know what else to think of my land yacht )

20230917_100153.jpg

Last edited:
Very good! As the start of MDH I read 1121, but I can only guess about the last two digits. Can you read them?

So the car has a rather uneventful assembly history: scheduled for November 15, built on November 21.

I keep being amazed by the low amount of options on this car. I could only find:

E63 400 cid Engine
R11 AM radio
U36 White Sidewall Tyres
V5X Molding Body Side w/Vinyl Insert, Black
W11 Deluxe Wheel Covers

No dealer would have wanted something like that in his inventory. Even rental cars were better equipped. Now this car went into the Corporate Lease Car System. Were such cars tailored to an employee's specific requests?

I keep being amazed by the low amount of options on this car. I could only find:

E63 400 cid Engine
R11 AM radio
U36 White Sidewall Tyres
W11 Deluxe Wheel Covers

No dealer would have wanted something like that in his inventory. Even rental cars were better equipped. Now this car went into the Corporate Lease Car System. Were such cars tailored to an employee's specific requests?

This made my morning! My friend and I are still laughing, because he has always wondered why myself or anyone would choose a land yacht like this. I must be a simple man... my only complaint is the lack of power windows, as I have to reach over into an adjacent postal code to open them.

E63 400 cid Engine
R11 AM radio
U36 White Sidewall Tyres
W11 Deluxe Wheel Covers

No dealer would have wanted something like that in his inventory.
Couldn't have been my father. He never would have opted for the Deluxe Wheel Covers.

This page at the 1970 Hamtramck Registry shows W11 wheel covers.

I'm afraid you lost your points when you put the Royal Monaco front on a low-option Monaco. The essence of irony!

Back