Broken parts in headlight motor

Scoville

Reaction score
Good day all and greetings from Sweden. My headlightmotor chewed up all the plastic gears in the motor. Flipped it around and was almost across the finishline when the little plastic cam that rotates between the open and closed switches snapped. I've spent a good four days on the web hunting for a reproduction part. This forum had links and links but all are dead today. Could I ask you guys for guidance in finding this little bastard of a part. Summer is here and the car is stuck in a shed because of a plastic piece the size of a dime. Soon frustrating. Here is a picture of the part.

20230615_150834.jpg

This is a screenshot of how it looks in the engine, and this was found here on the forum but the link dead.

Screenshot_20230615_163711_Firefox.jpg

Thanks Justin, I've written him before but have had no answer. Getting desperate wt this point.

Also Mr C, who posted above has a full inbox if anyone can somehow direct him here...

this piece would be a prime candidate for 3-D printing. You’re lucky enough to have a good original to copy from .

Don’t let the car stay in the shed for the summer, here are the instructions to open the headlight doors manually.
IMG_0235.jpeg

All that part really does is trip the switches. Not a highly stressed item.

I'd superglue it back together using a good superglue and see what happens. Emphasis on good superglue.

I saw an interesting YouTube video on Loctite 4070 the other day. Bonds pretty much anything, basically, sandable, paintable, etc. Just needs the applicator to push the two tubes.

As to "superglue", seek out the gel version rather than the non-gel version. Might work better. Might wear gloves, too. There are some plastics which superglue will not adhere to, unfortunately. Hope this is not one of them!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

believe it or not, harbor freight super glue (the stuff that is 5 for 99 cents) is some of the best i've used. their 2 part epoxy is good too.

Back