Brought Home A 69 Monaco

And I did just now get the hood lined up. Opens and closes good now. Next I'm putting the front bumper back on (he took it off to tow it he said) and then install the fuel pump and hopefully take it for a test drive.

The car is very lucky. She's gonna get repainted properly by you in Q4. Can't wait till we see her brought back to her former glory. But indeed, first things first: before paint, mechanicals.

PS: We should have a reunion of turquoise C-bodies in general and Dodges in particular.

Last edited:
The car is very lucky. She's gonna get repainted properly by you in Q4. Can't wait til see her back to her former glory. But indeed, first things first: before paint go the mechanicals.

We should have a reunion of turquoise C-bodies in general and Dodges in particular.
I've been living in a FQ3 dream the past few weeks. Driving both of them!

Dodge reunion PERIOD.

Hood aligned and front bumper back on.
1000005582.jpg

It was cheap, like derby guy cheap and 5 minutes from my house so as soon as I saw it on Offer Up I jumped on it. 4 Dr with a horrible silver paint job but originally Q4 turquoise. All the trim is in the trunk I'm told. Runs but not well. No battery in it so I haven't started it or checked anything out yet. Good AZ title too!
View attachment 643318View attachment 643319View attachment 643320View attachment 643321View attachment 643322View attachment 643323View attachment 643324
any plans for her

Congratulations on getting the car, you gotta hell of a deal! I love the silver color…. but I love turquoise too. Best of luck with er! I’ll be following for updates.

:thumbsup:

Changed out the fuel pump and it sounded pretty good for about a minute and a half and then starting puking fuel out the carburetor. My guess is a sunken float. Time for a carb rebuild I guess.

Went out this morning and it started right up with no fuel leaking out. Float must've freed up. Sounds decent. Will now adjust carb and possibly do plugs and wires. We'll see what it needs.

Last edited:
The car is very lucky. She's gonna get repainted properly by you in Q4. Can't wait till we see her brought back to her former glory. But indeed, first things first: before paint, mechanicals.

PS: We should have a reunion of turquoise C-bodies in general and Dodges in particular.

Snob. . .

Ok took it for a test drive. Put about 4 miles on it and it ran pretty decent overall. Especially considering there's no muffler on it, vacuum advance doesn't work and the mixture screws don't adjust the carb. Can't get the idle down to where it needs to be. But brakes are good, transmission shifts fine and it steers well. Lots more to do but I'm happy so far.

Welded the muffler back on and it sounds so much better! Tomorrow I'll order a kit for the carburetor. Had it up on my lift and it confirmed my suspicions of previous rust repairs. Lower quarters have been patched with homemade panels. A bit crude looking underneath but overall a passable job. Same on lower front fenders. I'm not going to spend the time to redo anything, pretty much going to be a sand and shoot. It'll be fine for a 4dr driver.
20240218_102708.jpg
20240218_102721.jpg
20240218_102851.jpg
20240218_102818.jpg

Last edited:
Back